Chart plastic sleeves

I like charts rolled up rather than flat. They curl over the saloon table nicely when rolled inside out. I used to get charts from the Map Shop in Hamilton and he had plastic sleeves to fit, however he doesn't supply sleeves now and has gone to light plastic laminating instead. I said to him thats no good I am traditional enough to want to keep using  pencil and rubber , he said use felt, no way am I using felt or white board marker. Lost a sale there. Went looking for sleeves and finished up buying a whole roll of a manufacturer, 2 kms long !! 80mm diameter so if anyone wants any let me know , can cut off 50 metres or any length really. Postage plus a bit. I see Burnsco are only stocking the common local charts ones now, any others are ordered from the official printer in Auckland as required, at least they are up to date then. The paper  charts are getting thinner as the years go, my oldest are almost like cardboard and the latest very thin so in a few years they will resemble toilet paper. Which on second thoughts is probably what some people think is there only use.  

IMG_1473.JPG

• Upvote 2