Crowd sourced Navionics

I noticed this on my Navionics App the other day:

35666756_Screenshot_20200801-095404_BoatingHD.thumb.jpg.76d64a25e054f8fc3121131831d72727.jpg 

The swath of new bathy is obviously from a boat with one of those bottom sonars (which we have too) and i think you need a navionics subscription to upload it.

Anyone else done it, or know how long it takes for them to publish it?

Is it not your SonarLog?  I have never seen someone elses track like that...  The one time I used it (on another boat) it drew the track like that on my phone. I cannot get it to work with my boat, not sure why, AIS works, I thought it just used the depth sounder. 

There is a good explanation in the help of how the upload works. 

7 hours ago, CarpeDiem said:

Is it not your SonarLog?  I have never seen someone elses track like that...  The one time I used it (on another boat) it drew the track like that on my phone. I cannot get it to work with my boat, not sure why, AIS works, I thought it just used the depth sounder. 

There is a good explanation in the help of how the upload works. 

The link here filled in a few gaps https://www.navionics.com/usa/blog/post/lowrance-simrad-and-b-and-g-plotter-owners-learn-how-to-upload-logs

I had thought that the chart card in my plotter had to have a valid subscription for sonar chart live, but it looks like there is another way.

I have the Navionics boating app on my phone and it looks like even if the chart card is not currently licensed it does it via the phone app.

So yes - you are probably right that would be our track in the display.

I have a subscription and I use the sonar charts a lot.  I run them side by side as I have a 12.8 inch display.  So I periodically upload and download the updates for charts and sonar charts as well as the satellite overlay option.

The sonar charts are useful for anchoring I find as they provide a lot more detail (but user beware) as well as for fishing.