Mooring in Auckland

Its so difficult to find a moorijg for our 42ft boat, currently in a marina paying way to much, and need to bring her down to auckland but can't find a suitable mooring, due to our size.

Any ideas or know of any mooring to rent

6 hours ago, harrytom said:

Have you tried Auckland council for piles in tamaki river??around $20 pw

Have tried, but haven't found any avaiable, its seems they are all thru harbourmaster

I strongly advise you to check your insurance policy before going on to a mooring.My nephew has just purchased a 26ft and as long as it goes on to piles or marina he will be covered.He has been told insurance voided if he gets mooring.Marine insurance?? from memory.

5 hours ago, harrytom said:

I strongly advise you to check your insurance policy before going on to a mooring.My nephew has just purchased a 26ft and as long as it goes on to piles or marina he will be covered.He has been told insurance voided if he gets mooring.Marine insurance?? from memory.

It must vary between Insurance companies - I have my boat on a mooring now and it was no different in premium or policy over being in the Marina which I verified before putting it on one