Level 3 in Auckland

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Talkback callers to FoxNews Newstalk ZB this morning have been calling to just let the virus run free, and if you die you die. I don't normally listen to that alt-right talkback crapback on ZB, b

Its so easy to be an armchair critic - you don't have to take into account conflicting needs, the reality of balancing health and business and social and other interests.  You just have to blindly and

C'mon AA it was a move of sheer political genius to invent a global pandemic just in time for the election. 

Posted Images

virtue signalling

deflects from his jacking every price lever he has 

to counter the blow-outs from council's bizarrely optimistic costing processes

and straight out lies over rates increases

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/122444447/auckland-rail-disruption-mystery-damage-to-train-tracks-a-real-concern 

meanwhile in meme land

https://www.facebook.com/nznpmwg/videos/1136804056719762/?v=1136804056719762

5 hours ago, marinheiro said:

back to boating, there seems to be one of those inverse relationship rules at work again, the more restricted we are boating wise the better the weather, Kawau Bay glorious today (again)

I made another contribution to the local economy today by investing in a wind surfer. You can't sail keel boats, but you can sail :-) 

Part of my 'adapt or die' strategy.

Turns out there wasn't quiet enough wind today to make it work though, although the forecast suggests that wont be a problem later this week.

11 hours ago, Zozza said:

Well, pass on the memo to Michael Barnett, the head of the business "Chamber of Commerce" whatever the hell that is....heard him on the radio the other day and he sounding like a whining & whinging little girl.

Caution fella, Michael heads the Auckland Chamber of Commerce. That is an organisation that advocates for all of us in the Auckland region but from a business leaning angle, there are Chambers of Commerce world wide that do the same thing, NZ has many of them. They advocate for local interests, hence 'Auckland' bit in front of it, so the Auckland one goes to bat for the betterment of Auckland from business point of view exactly like Utu does but from a union point of view. The Chamber also does a lot of the technical things like Carnets and other important things we all need and do benefit from, it also advocates for better transport systems inc pubic transport, it also advocates for more transparent Akl City council, it also calls out the council when road works planned to take 3 month take 12. Chambers of Commerce are old, very very old, and due to that they have many important functions not only for business but for the local public as a whole. The Auckland one has saved us all from a council that's becoming rouge, it also advocated against the mooring dolphins for the same reason you and I didn't want them just to mention a few of many things. Michael is a straight up dude who fights hard for all Aucklanders not just business....and he does so while fighting cancer and dealing with the suicide of one of his kids, he is a genuine nice guy wanting the best for you, me and all Aucklanders. Don't just read the name and assume like too many total muppets do.

if you went out today, without a mask, to enjoy the weather 

consider yourself "told-off"

you haven't done enough

and you're letting the team down

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12356827

Auckland Council parks, arts, community and events committee chair councillor Alf Filipaina said tonight it was disappointing to hear of large numbers of people flocking to popular places, in a statement saying that was "disregarding clear Government guidance to stay home and stay local when exercising".

1 hour ago, Knot Me... maybe said:

Caution fella, Michael heads the Auckland Chamber of Commerce. That is an organisation that advocates for all of us in the Auckland region but from a business leaning angle, there are Chambers of Commerce world wide that do the same thing, NZ has many of them. They advocate for local interests, hence 'Auckland' bit in front of it, so the Auckland one goes to bat for the betterment of Auckland from business point of view exactly like Utu does but from a union point of view. The Chamber also does a lot of the technical things like Carnets and other important things we all need and do benefit from, it also advocates for better transport systems inc pubic transport, it also advocates for more transparent Akl City council, it also calls out the council when road works planned to take 3 month take 12. Chambers of Commerce are old, very very old, and due to that they have many important functions not only for business but for the local public as a whole. The Auckland one has saved us all from a council that's becoming rouge, it also advocated against the mooring dolphins for the same reason you and I didn't want them just to mention a few of many things. Michael is a straight up dude who fights hard for all Aucklanders not just business....and he does so while fighting cancer and dealing with the suicide of one of his kids, he is a genuine nice guy wanting the best for you, me and all Aucklanders. Don't just read the name and assume like too many total muppets do.

Well, of course I have no idea about his personal life.  

But I hear you on the other stuff.  

However, If we dont lock down hard now and it goes rife, that means less people travelling around in the long run to buy goods ofv small business, such as your own, because a 3 month lockdown is a real possibility if we dont knock this latest cluster off.  My job could go in an instant too (not before I get that Prince Windlass off you though !!).

I mean we could do the ZB talkback hosts idea of just letting it spread.  But are we really prepared mentally as people to be able to live with ourselves with all around us that are vulnerable dying? Unless you buy the spiel from Maga types it is no worse than than the flu..... 

One thing for certain that we will agree on Mr G, is that once this cluster is sorted ALL border staff MUST be regularly tested.  Anyone that sticks it up the Govt about that sad lack of management has my support.  I can't stand the National party, but I have zero problem with them sticking it to the Coalition over that sad state of affairs as that is just a terrible epic stuff up.

11 hours ago, Zozza said:

One thing for certain that we will agree on Mr G, is that once this cluster is sorted ALL border staff MUST be regularly tested.  Anyone that sticks it up the Govt about that sad lack of management has my support.  I can't stand the National party, but I have zero problem with them sticking it to the Coalition over that sad state of affairs as that is just a terrible epic stuff up.

Oh yes, not testing of border staff has to be one of the biggest failures this Govt has done and it's made some pretty big shockers already. I'm trying to see how it could happen by mistake but can't find a way to do that, I keep coming back to lack of sound leadership as that would have had processes in place to identify those holes and fix them. But they failed and we all now have to suffer the resulks of that so we may as well just get on and do so the best we can.

Is it a case you don't think the opposition should be allowed to do the very important role it has in the system we current use and have for centuries i.e. you're happy that the ruling party/s can change our system at will without any public input, very much like North Korea or Russia, or is it a case of you been manipulated by whomever into thinking bitching about the opposition is more important than beating covid? I can't understand why some are so fixated on something they claim is irrelevant.

I have no problem with the opposition calling out the Government, if we didn't have an effective opposition we'd all be fucked in seconds.

Sure at times the calls could seem WTF, insensitive, plainly dumb and other things but that is the system YOU want, YOU vote for, YOU explicitly condone, YOU will spend 2 minutes to tick a box in a few weeks that effectively say 'I love the way NZ is governed, please give me more'. Don't bitch because you have exactly what you keep saying you want.

'You' being the 2 million odd who will decided how long homelessness will continue and how big it grows, how many die prematurely because of poor government decisions, how many many people will commit suicide due to having to deal with Govt Depts out of control or with Govt decisions and a pile more fun things like that. From where I sit the NZ voter is easily it's own worst enemy and I've never seen any opposition that is anything like as dangerous to NZ society.