Level 3 in Auckland

14 minutes ago, Bradz said:

However, cruising with your family bubble is permissible as its not sports nor team training.

Just in case you're not actually trolling me, Section 9(e)(iii) of the COVID-19 Public Health Response (Alert Levels 3 and 2) Order 2020 makes it clearer.

[A person may] leave their home or place of residence for the purpose of exercise or other recreation if (iii)it does not involve flying manned aircraft, scuba-diving, hunting in motorised vehicles, hunting or killing of game birds, or water-based activities involving sailing boats, motorised craft, or motorised equipment

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Talkback callers to FoxNews Newstalk ZB this morning have been calling to just let the virus run free, and if you die you die. I don't normally listen to that alt-right talkback crapback on ZB, b

Its so easy to be an armchair critic - you don't have to take into account conflicting needs, the reality of balancing health and business and social and other interests.  You just have to blindly and

C'mon AA it was a move of sheer political genius to invent a global pandemic just in time for the election. 

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, CarpeDiem said:

Just in case you're not actually trolling me, Section 9(e)(iii) of the COVID-19 Public Health Response (Alert Levels 3 and 2) Order 2020 makes it clearer.

[A person may] leave their home or place of residence for the purpose of exercise or other recreation if (iii)it does not involve flying manned aircraft, scuba-diving, hunting in motorised vehicles, hunting or killing of game birds, or water-based activities involving sailing boats, motorised craft, or motorised equipment

Not at all, was my interpretation.. nothing like mixed messages we are receiving. How many different websites does the government expect us to look at before we decide if we can walk outside?

Too be fair, this level 3 isn't the same as the last L3. There are far more businesses allowed to operate if they don't interact with the public, this I see as a good thing.

Take for example, i have ordered oil and filter from my local Repco for pick up tomorrow, however, the local part, isnt much so in even near my suburb...

Edited by Bradz
comments.
1 hour ago, Deep Purple said:

So if I was to leave here and head for Whangarei, how far offshore would I have to keep? Presumably I can't track inside Great Barrier.

I've asked the same question on an aviation site and they say I can overfly Auckland but not sneeze

Officially though, these are the rules. Which if replicated for the marine scene would mean you could transit up the coast through the Auckland zone provided you didn't anchor. Somehow I don't think it's going to be that easy

The order says you can travel through Auckland to return to your home so long as you leave Auckland before midday on August 14th.  After that I guess you'd need to be 12 miles east of Great Barrier.

35 minutes ago, Bradz said:

How many different websites does the government expect us to look at before we decide if we can walk outside?

During the last lockdown the definition of region, for the purpose of essential travel, was particularly hard to pin down, it has changed again. It also bore no resemblance to what the various information bulletins and media messages that were presented said at any time. It was a bit like trying to find out what recreational activities were ok.

Go look up region, territorial authority, district, civil defense mangement group area, health district... they were all used at one stage or another and mostly have very different meanings to each other.

Many of the current official documents are still not consistent with the current order or with the order in place at the time they were created.

Not a problem currently, you can't go in or out of Auckland but can travel within it for essential travel. Everyone else can go where they like.

Suits me, don't really like going to Auckland at the best of times, don't really like the Aucklanders coming here either.

Auckland will be putting its hand out again pretty soon...

13 hours ago, Deep Purple said:

I was in Hamilton when the news broke. DP was in the compound at Half Moon Bay sitting out the gap between SSANZ2 and the Bucks Sportboat Regatta this weekend. I missed the local race last weekend and it hurt.

Anyways not believing that this is going to be 3 days, I hit the road to Auckland. Traffic heading south was crazy. Marshy gave me a hand to drop the mast and 3am I was back in Hamilton with DP sprung from jail.

Back in Whiti now and looking forward to a sail at the weekend.

Gutted about the BBYC. I haven't heard that it's off but all the boat I was hoping to race against were coming from well out of town and very unlikely to come

IMG_2836.jpeg

IMG_2834.jpeg

Well done.  Im due to be pulled from the water at Pier 21 next week, and my boat trucked away to my boatyard (driveway)....I thought I was finally free of Westhaven, but looks like this lockdown is going to temporarily screw up those plans, as I think it is inevitable that level 3 is extended if not upgraded to level 4.

1 hour ago, Zozza said:

Well done.  Im due to be pulled from the water at Pier 21 next week, and my boat trucked away to my boatyard (driveway)....I thought I was finally free of Westhaven, but looks like this lockdown is going to temporarily screw up those plans, as I think it is inevitable that level 3 is extended if not upgraded to level 4.

I have heard from 2 well placed sources 28 day L4 for Auckland starting Sat 0000hrs. Rest of NZ depends on what happens next couple of days.

We will soon know if this is correct