Fiji Race 2010

Quarter Pint

Had a look fo rthem from the top of the cliff after picking up daughter from school. Couldn't see either and commented they probably hadn't made North Head. Little breeze out wide but not much.

from my office window at castor bay......can see them coming past slowly onthe wind....seems to be about steady 5 knots right accross the harbour out to rangi now..

at this rate itll be a long race for them....

tracker saying the two boats close to each other and approaching tiri channel. Hope the wind holds out during the night for them.

Heard from Farrago this morning. They didn't have much wind during the night but were in 18kts this morning. They are heading up the coast and might take shelter when the storm passes over.

Race tracker has them near Cape Brett. Cheetah is following the rhumb line and at a similar latitude.

Any news from Akarana regarding how the boats are doing? Cheetah has tacked towards shore, but to shelter or just make progress isn't clear. Farrago seems to be at anchor west of Cape Brett, not sure of the bay's name.

Went to uni with the boys on Chettah and they were pretty full on then, will be interesting to see how they go here... Looks like they've decided enough is enough for tonight... Wise decision by the sounds of the weather up that-a-ways... Wind and rain is just starting here

Michael and the cheatah boys were pretty well prepared and had the storm sails all sorted. They even went sailing with the storm sails and tried the reefs in the new main in a bit of breeze. Michael seems to be showing some good seamanship skills for a young guy(posibly one of the youngest owner/skippers for a long time??) and full credit to him for getting everything together.

Here is a photo of the storm sails when we set them up.

Good luck to the boys and i hope they weather the storms ok as i see there is another nasty one coming downearly nex week.

IMG00185-20100429-1651.jpg

Archived