fish, at the dinner table we were lectured about african kids starving to make us eat silverbeet. Dont need another lecture based on whataboutism and  put downs like first world problems.

the lockdown will affect people differently, cant help that, but this is a sailing site and this thread is discussing that, not crap that belongs in small talk.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Most 'safety' rules are primarily for your own benefit. The lockdown rules are for the greater good, i.e. to bring a benefit to the wider society, but it only works if everyone does there bit. And tha

^contrary to popular opinion, its not all about you  

if its a numbers game regarding coastguard rescues of yachties then how about some numbers? I think it would be astonishingly small from my casual observation. Its a very weak argument, as the chances

You put this thread in marine talk.

Did you ever learn to eat your silverbeet?

No being able to go sailing for a few weeks is a first world problem. If you are taking that as a put down, you probably need to reassess your priorities, rather than getting pissy with the messenger.

Just sayin

Its Thursday today right?

Look, seriously, this thread has already stated two legitimate ways you can go sailing tomorrow, including on your own boat, and for as long as you want. I can re-state them if you want?

The thing is, you have to adapt to the conditions. When you are sailing, and the wind shifts, do you let your sails flog and bitch and moan at the wind for shifting?

Its just a simple case of adapting to the prevailing conditions. Dinosaurs didn't adapt...

Tamure, what did you MP say when you emailed him / her?

PS, I'm going sailing tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Fish said:

Its Thursday today right?

Look, seriously, this thread has already stated two legitimate ways you can go sailing tomorrow, including on your own boat, and for as long as you want. I can re-state them if you want?

The thing is, you have to adapt to the conditions. When you are sailing, and the wind shifts, do you let your sails flog and bitch and moan at the wind for shifting?

Its just a simple case of adapting to the prevailing conditions. Dinosaurs didn't adapt...

Tamure, what did you MP say when you emailed him / her?

PS, I'm going sailing tomorrow.

no it's Friday today 👍

3 hours ago, Fish said:

WTF as in cheap? which ones? (serious question, I do need a new main),

So do I.

I'd be ringing around as today I saw a pile of quotes for a 30fter (masthead huge headsails tiny mainsail model) and the difference between lowest to highest quote was thousands. For what is a small not hi tech cruising mainsail that is a huge variance. He went with a NZ made option from a mid sized loft even though a BIG name loft quoted $1200 less but it would supply a sail not made in NZ, but still branded and supported by BIG name. I though his choice was interesting but a good one.

2 hours ago, Tamure said:

put downs like first world problems.

Hardly a put down, NZ is a first world 1% country so not being able to go sailing here is not that different than not being able to go and shoot Springbox in some African counties or get up in the hills to check the opium plantation in Bolivia or being able to shag a Wombat if we were in Aussie. It's all relative ;)