The Border

Who are these twats that work on the Border that feel they have the right to not get tested? 

If legislation is needed, pass the godammned legislation and get on with it.  National are hardly not going to vote with the government on an issue like this.

And then if they still refuse to get tested ...then throw these punks in jail.

Jeezuz, sometimes you just shake your head.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The border can not be shut to NZers. It is a basic fundamental and legal right to be able to return to your home country. It is absolute rubbish to say people should have come home earlier as there ar

yes prime minister what you need to know and when you need to know it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NX45hc0aZt0

So, is National going to use the Canterybury Earthquake Recovery Agency CERA, to secure the border? CERA worked out real well for Chch... the definition of a beuracratic love fest. Dear god, some

1 minute ago, erice said:

am i reading it right

that some of these regular covid-tests for front-line border people

are temperature checks?

Yes I heard a similar rumour.

Full test or GTFO.  The nice guy routine from the Govt. needs to end.

I also feel we seriously need to just close the border, full stop.  Im sorta over this "I got rights" crap.

Your rights don't mean sh*t when you put the rest of the country at risk both economically and physically.

14 minutes ago, Zozza said:

I also feel we seriously need to just close the border, full stop.  Im sorta over this "I got rights" crap.

Your rights don't mean sh*t when you put the rest of the country at risk both economically and physically.

I'm sorry Zozza, but for the greater good, you are out of here. Don't care if you were born and breed here, and everyone you know and all of your family live here, we've decided your gone. A free one way ticket to anywhere in the world.

Where do you want to go?

Both Ardern, and Health Minister Chris Hipkins, have said that the reason testing was lower than they had expected was because some staff were refusing tests.

Collins, however, said that she had spoken to staff working at the Jet Park quarantine facility who said that, in fact, they had not been offered tests.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12357542

3 minutes ago, Fish said:

I'm sorry Zozza, but for the greater good, you are out of here. Don't care if you were born and breed here, and everyone you know and all of your family live here, we've decided your gone. A free one way ticket to anywhere in the world.

Where do you want to go?

They've had plenty of time to get back.  And some of their behaviour when let back in has been nothing short of abhorrent while under quarantine. 

From now on, let them back in when the pandemic has ended.  

I also here a lot of "residents" as opposed to full on citizens are also being let in.  Crazy.

Enough is enough.

1 minute ago, erice said:

Both Ardern, and Health Minister Chris Hipkins, have said that the reason testing was lower than they had expected was because some staff were refusing tests.

Collins, however, said that she had spoken to staff working at the Jet Park quarantine facility who said that, in fact, they had not been offered tests.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12357542

No fan of Collins in the slightest, as you have probably gathered, but if true, she needs to HAMMER the Govt. on this.

We really should invent a system where there are multiple layers of oganisation.  It would probably work best if you had a really small layer on the top who did stuff like set direction, strategy, big picture stuff. 

Under them you'd have a layer of the organisation where all that strategy was translated into plans and measurements - not actually doing the stuff, but making sure it was done.  Under that, another layer of the organisation would do the stuff according to the plans and advise on the outcomes against the measurements.

Every now and then, the layers would report upward so the people at the top would know if the strategy was working.  Not so they could get it done themselves - that would be the next layer down's job.  I mean, the captain doesn't polish the brass eh.  The captain is more interested in making sure we get to the next port.

We could call the layers by a descriptive name so people outside could reasonably identify the various responsiblities and have realistic expectations of them.

Maybe "governance" would work as a name for the top level since they are about governance and policy, with the next layer down called "management" because their job is to manage.  The bottom layer could be called, say, "workers" because thats where the work (as against the planning measuring and direction setting) happens.

Call me cutting edge and a dreamer, but I reckon it could work.... 

31 minutes ago, Zozza said:

They've had plenty of time to get back.  

With respect, you have no idea what you are talking about.

I've got a family member who cannot get back. We have been trying to find a way for him to, but with the lack of just about any flights anywhere, and the complete inability to transit in a third country, it hasn't been possible to date. We have even looked at commercial shipping. That was a no go as well.

And, what problem is it you are trying to solve? or are you just being red meat to the click bait media, with all of these alarmist stories about quarantine?