looking forward to biden

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a bunch of hypercritical history rewriting intolerant woke twats. Actually worse than that when AJ demonstrates such deep ignorance of his own countries history.

it's pretty major to accuse a group, of currently practicing something they stopped doing hundreds of years ago where would it ever end? do you feel personal responsibility for the actions o

No problem but you have to start doing it first.   And I've been looked deeper after being a bit surprised by how the Dems love slaves, hate women and other sick sh*t. That Democratic party

Posted Images

5 hours ago, erice said:

seems to me that a good way to stay grounded

is to occasionally stand back and take the world view

i agree trump is a nasty narcissistic nepotistic ninny and never should have been elected

but on a world view he's just an averagely bad leader - certainly not good enough for american exceptionalism 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_exceptionalism

but it's a first world problem and i can't for the life of me understand the hypocrisy of those calling out trump as the world's great satan, (when he's pretty well contained by american democracy)

yet who refuse to equally pour venom on the likes of putin and xi, (who seem only constrained by their puny conscience)   

Its only a first world problem at the moment.  The US will not be a first world nation if he gets a second term.

I don't think anyone is calling Trump the great satan.  He's not really a great anything other than a great marker of the decay of US democracy.

That decay is (in part) the result of the nation's blind adherance to its historical documents and processes.  The Electoral College is the current best example of this.  While it was once an appropriate tool to balance between urban and rural constituencies, the huge imbalance in voter power that it now embodies is harmful to the nation.

Trump is not the cause.  He's the symptom.

Edited by aardvarkash10
grammar

i agree he's not the cause

as we see these buffoons pop up all over the world(boris i'm talking about you)

why in many countries are the majority of voters putting these fools in power?

am beginning to think it is a reflex kickback to excessive wokeness

actually a protest against 'local' change being forced through by bureaucratics

too much change, too fast

which, if true, will be a very real challenge 

as the wokes first, second and third responses are all to scream at the stupid people

only entrenching the desire by voters to get 1 back at them by voting for someone the media are hectoring us to hate

i agree it's misaimed to vote for change at the top when people are protesting change at the bottom

but it seems to me that boris was voted in on 50 years of british annoyance at dictates from brussels changing local life

1 hour ago, erice said:

i agree he's not the cause

as we see these buffoons pop up all over the world(boris i'm talking about you)

why in many countries are the majority of voters putting these fools in power?

What we appear to be seeing is a rejection of International Influence/economy from the each countries citizens.

The fact that those who bring those concepts to the populace are “buffoons” is beside the point, 

Trump and his “make America great“ promising to withdraw troops from international police duties

Boris and Brexit promising to halt European legislation in UK

Even NZ where our Environment is sold off to International Tourism in the name of overseas dollars.

Covid may have been brutal on our economy, but that economy was never sustainable.

Edited by 180S
(edit; removed last line of quote)
2 hours ago, erice said:

why in many countries are the majority of voters putting these fools in power?am beginning to think it is a reflex kickback to excessive wokeness

Not sure what you mean by "wokeness" - I'm not even sure you know.

The current thinking is that populist western leaders are being elected on the back of a frustrated, mostly male, mostly working class that has seen its power and position diminish in the last 30 or so years.

White working class males used to have a lot of social dominance.  The loss of that dominance as the political and social presence of women, of non-caucasian races both indiginous and immigrant, of different religious beliefs, of different moral beleifs eg "greens"  etc increases - all of this threatens people who have valued themselves and their position on the basis that they were at least better than someone else.

If you come along and agree with that point of view, if you tell them that they ARE better (or at least, not worse) and that you will restore thier position in the world both individually and collectively, you've got them.  They are already primed for your message.

In most democracies, this group doesn't have to be the majority for you to win - this is certainly true in the US where the presidency was won on a minority of the popular vote.

You only have to swing the margins to win.  If you are in a dominant party in a 2 or 3 party system and you can move a small block of votes your way - 5% is plenty -without totally disenfranchising your base,  you can win an election.

That's what Donald and the Republicans did.  Nothing more nor less.  That's what the brexiteers did.  Its what Australian politics has thrived on for the past two or three elections.

Don't sweat the majority.  They vote by habit.  Look for the swaying, unhappy, angry voter block and cuddle them tight.  Hell, its worked for Winston since 1995.

Edited by aardvarkash10
grammar and a single missing word

my wife would disagree on the mostly white male thing

she can't understand how nz can justify one of the highest minimum wage rates in the world 

interesting that you can question my ability to think + use words

sorry, i am probably not worthy to express my thoughts in your current sphere of interest

hence the problem 

4 minutes ago, erice said:

my wife would disagree on the mostly white male thing

she can't understand how nz can justify one of the highest minimum wage rates in the world 

I can't understand how nz can justify one of the lowest capital tax rates in the world.

"Most" in this case is an indication that the males outnumber.  Its not an indication that they outnumber vastly.  Same applies (albeit less-so) to the white thing - plenty of black Americans voted Trump. 

As with most things posted on the interweb, I have generalised for both brevity and effect.

Edited by aardvarkash10
typo