looking forward to biden

I really do not know whether the "Both Sides-ism" theory describes Aotearoa very well, or not. 

But with respect to the US, there is powerful evidence against it even though that meme is pushed constantly by our media. 

There is overwhelming empirical proof that the the right in the US is more corrupt, gerrymanders more, promulgates and consumes fake news more, pushes and believes conspiracy theories more, does not believe in science or evolution, and so on . .  

The people and media outlets that constantly push the B-S meme almost never bother to provide evidence for that assertion, which should make ya suspicious. 

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a bunch of hypercritical history rewriting intolerant woke twats. Actually worse than that when AJ demonstrates such deep ignorance of his own countries history.

Yet again I called it correctly, a senile old corrupt racist won. Not to sure I like the idea of the US being headed by a proven war monger though, that's a bit scary especially when watching him

The media is horrendously left, even more in the US than in NZ*, and the total lack of balance it produces is behind most of the whole shitfight. * - according 2 studies by 2 Unis, one being Otag

Posted Images

The media is horrendously left, even more in the US than in NZ*, and the total lack of balance it produces is behind most of the whole shitfight.

* - according 2 studies by 2 Unis, one being Otago or maybe Vic in NZ, can't remember the US one but the studies came out about 4-6 weeks ago about 2 weeks apart. They counted the number of news stories then classified each as Pro, Anti, Even. The results show Trump articles as 900 odd anti per 1000, Bidens 250 odd. Not as wide in NZ but JA had a significant margin of Pro stories compared to Judith.

I wonder what the world would be like if the media reported everything and did so in an impartial manner with no commentary or bias, I'm wiling to bet large it would be considerably different.

I agree there is an anti Trump bias in the media. But part of that may be that the media are actually reporting facts, and Trump just does so many really stupid things.

Example, something completely unrelated to the election. Trump has placed sanctions on the two top judges in the International Criminal Courts, because they are investigating American war crimes in Afghanistan. These judges aren't terrorists, aren't funding terrorists, aren't secretly trying to make a nuclear bomb. But he's placed sanctions on them.

How do you report the facts and details of that, without the story appearing to be anti Trump? To put it in context, all of America's allies have signed a motion unequivocally supporting the ICC...

2 hours ago, Fish said:

I agree there is an anti Trump bias in the media. But part of that may be that the media are actually reporting facts, and Trump just does so many really stupid things.

Absolutely without a doubt but I think a huge input to it is all the media choosing to report some facts but not others and as much as many don't like to admit it Trump has done some good things. If you only ever get feed bad then bad is the view you will form. If you only get feed good then good is the view you will form.

Look at Trump and JA, both have bad records, very bad, in certain areas, yet one is a ahole the other a saint..and all because the media decided it likes one but not the other. Mind you Trump going after them certainly didn't help the muppet. Neither does NZ media needing JA, that's a bit of a pooch screwer as well.

So any news on whose winning, I bet it's an old guy who has a dodgy track record, is big on nepotism, talks a game well above his ability to deliver and shows very definite signs dementia is on the road heading to him for an extended visit.

Now that's a bet I know I can not lose 😁

32 minutes ago, KM... said:

So any news on whose winning, I bet it's an old guy who has a dodgy track record, is big on nepotism, talks a game well above his ability to deliver and shows very definite signs dementia is on the road heading to him for an extended visit.

Now that's a bet I know I can not lose 😁

With the poles starting to close, I had a quick look on Al Jazeera, who (ahmm) tend to have less spin that the standard NZ media outlets, anyway, they have a good platform for watching the results come in.

Anyway, unless you are interested at looking at results when 0.17% of votes are counted, I think we wont get a clear picture of what is going on until at least after the kids bed time tonight, or more likely, breakfast time tomorrow. When I say clear picture, I don't really mean clear as in all the legal challenges, or the electoral colleges taking 1 and a half months to meet or anything, but a clear picture as in biased media headlines of how the vote went.

https://interactive.aljazeera.com/aje/live-results-us-election-day-2020/index.html?utm_campaign=mapwidget&utm_medium=internal&utm_source=aljazeera

A handy link that one.

Just to get this right. The winner is the one who gets the most States voting for them not the most individuals, correct?

On the States that seem to have been decided it does seem very much a strong either or with next to none having the 2 muppets that close.

Not too sure having such a strong divide will end well for them........ especially with the US's ability to grow the worlds best whackjobs.....which they then arm.

8 hours ago, KM... said:

Look at Trump and JA, both have bad records, very bad, in certain areas, yet one is a ahole the other a saint..and all because the media decided it likes one but not the other. Mind you Trump going after them certainly didn't help the muppet. Neither does NZ media needing JA, that's a bit of a pooch screwer as well.

But JA didn't allow children to be locked in cages separated from their parents for crossing a border as genuine migrants, and then lose their details so they can't be reunited with their parents.