looking forward to biden

By my math, Trump will end up with 268, and Biden 270. Several of those States are won on less than 1% difference...

Trump has already sown the seeds of discontent, and kicked off several premature law suits. This is going to be a long and very tedious sh*t fight...

https://interactive.aljazeera.com/aje/live-results-us-election-day-2020/index.html?utm_campaign=mapwidget&utm_medium=internal&utm_source=aljazeera

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a bunch of hypercritical history rewriting intolerant woke twats. Actually worse than that when AJ demonstrates such deep ignorance of his own countries history.

Yet again I called it correctly, a senile old corrupt racist won. Not to sure I like the idea of the US being headed by a proven war monger though, that's a bit scary especially when watching him

The media is horrendously left, even more in the US than in NZ*, and the total lack of balance it produces is behind most of the whole shitfight. * - according 2 studies by 2 Unis, one being Otag

Posted Images

59 minutes ago, Veladare said:

No your right Dr Watson, but she did help kill 400 cancer suffers who werent able to access treatment because of a lockdown with no thought to the fact covid is not the only game in town.

That figure 400 comes from the Cancer Society who said its a minimum.....think about that

Link or it never happened.

Considering the whole point of lock down was to prevent the health system from being overwhelmed, so that people, for example, with cancer could still access healthcare.

"help kill" emotive, much?

1 hour ago, Veladare said:

No your right Dr Watson, but she did help kill 400 cancer suffers who werent able to access treatment because of a lockdown with no thought to the fact covid is not the only game in town.

That figure 400 comes from the Cancer Society who said its a minimum.....think about that

I thought that was interesting enough to generate a little google.

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/422954/cancer-services-ramp-up-after-detection-falls-during-lockdown

That was the most recent I could find 

Of course for your figure of 400 to be meaningful (assuming it is accurate) it should also include in the equation the lives " saved" by no traffic accidents,  workplace deaths and probably a dozen other factors. Then compare to a realistic estimate of probable deaths to covid with no lockdown 4,000?).

Glad I'm not the minister of health.  But to suggest JA killed people is a bit of a reach.

On 3/11/2020 at 10:47 PM, KM... said:

Just to get this right. The winner is the one who gets the most States voting for them not the most individuals, correct?

Well no, that is not how it works. 

Each state's representation in the Electoral College is weighted by its population, with an added bonus for low population states. Wyoming voters have three times the impact on the Prez election as do "average" states. 

States send electors to the college in December - 535 of them - to pick the Prez. 

But wait, there's more !! The Electoral College can actually pick as Prez anyone they durn well choose - voters be damned. 

It makes MMP look positively rational.  

32 minutes ago, Zozza said:

Just 6 electoral votes to go for Biden.  Basically , Nevada - which will go to Biden - game over.

Bye bye Trump you are a piece of the brown proverbial, and you are gone.

It would appear that way, but I'll bet you a good bottle of whisky it wont be anywhere near that simple... I think Trump may be a sore looser...

1 hour ago, Fish said:

It would appear that way, but I'll bet you a good bottle of whisky it wont be anywhere near that simple... I think Trump may be a sore looser...

Trump can be as sore a loser as he wants.  It is not going to change the fact that Joe Biden is going to be the President of the United States.

4 hours ago, Veladare said:

I haven't seen any actual data on that.

What we DO have data on is rates of mortality during lock down.  They reduced - less people died as a result of any cause during lockdown.

The reality is that, had COVID been allowed to go unchecked, many people, including cancer patients, would not have had access to treatment because COVID patients would crowd them out, and/or (especially cancer patients undergoing chemo) they would have been highly suseptable and/or their medical team would have been infected.

There is no right answer to the problem of balancing health priorities except that you cannot pin it on any individual in some childish, politically naive manner and expect people to take you seriously.