looking forward to biden

1 hour ago, Black Panther said:

What on earth makes you think that?

Some fake news or something.

I'm really struggling to get my head around the current trend of protests. One lot are chanting "count all the votes", the other lot are surrounding voting processing places and chanting "stop the counting"...

I always thought America prided itself on being a democracy, isn't that why they send their military into countries that aren't democracies all the time?

I'm completely blown away at the need for people to protest to have their vote counted, literally, for someone to count the piece of paper they marked, as opposed to some figurative meaning.

Or the logic from the other side to protest to stop votes being counted. I am clearly missing some major element of  American society here?

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a bunch of hypercritical history rewriting intolerant woke twats. Actually worse than that when AJ demonstrates such deep ignorance of his own countries history.

Yet again I called it correctly, a senile old corrupt racist won. Not to sure I like the idea of the US being headed by a proven war monger though, that's a bit scary especially when watching him

The media is horrendously left, even more in the US than in NZ*, and the total lack of balance it produces is behind most of the whole shitfight. * - according 2 studies by 2 Unis, one being Otag

Posted Images

16 hours ago, Veladare said:

No your right Dr Watson, but she did help kill 400 cancer suffers who werent able to access treatment because of a lockdown with no thought to the fact covid is not the only game in town.

That figure 400 comes from the Cancer Society who said its a minimum.....think about that

Veladare gone quiet. No link. Perhaps those figures were from talkback on ZB.

Is that what the American's call fake news?

Or what we would call bullshit in NZ?

16 hours ago, Veladare said:

No your right Dr Watson, but she did help kill 400 cancer suffers who werent able to access treatment because of a lockdown with no thought to the fact covid is not the only game in town.

That figure 400 comes from the Cancer Society who said its a minimum.....think about that

Rubbish.

The Cancer Society said "up to 400 people could die, if hospitals don't catch up quickly after the lockdown." that number was based on research out of Britain and extrapolated for NZ.

Cancer Society medical director Chris Jackson said New Zealand could avoid additional deaths if cancer services were resumed quickly.

Hospitals worked weekends and nights to clear the backlogs. 

The Cancer Society did not say that 400 people died from Cancer as a result of the lockdown.

Sorry Fish, I have better things to do with my time that have an opinion on everything and anything on this site.

CarpeDiem, I was doing the rounds on my sites during the first lockdown to check I wasnt getting robbed blind, I heard the head of the Cancer Society say these EXACT words to Heath Dupleiss-Allen

"We are expecting a minimum of 400 people to die because they have not been able to access health facilities to both diagnose or treat"

I was quite taken back by the comment, it is etched in my brain as I hadnt given much thought to things like that. Did I mishear, possibly, but thats how I heard it.

There is more than ample evidence worldwide that lockdowns are going to cause longterm problems with other diseases. 

The point I am trying to make is it isnt the only game in town. I think currently its only 20th biggest killer in the UK, but people are locked down from today unable to access other facilities. And keep in the back of your mind, if you have covid in the UK, recover, then get killed by a bus, the cause of death is put down as covid...The bureaucrats themselves have acknowledged this, but still havent changed the way they report

13 minutes ago, Veladare said:

I heard the head of the Cancer Society say these EXACT words to Heath Dupleiss-Allen

Mwahahaha,

So, you heard something on Newstalk ZB months and months ago, and from that, came out with the statement that Jacinda Arden "helped kill 400 cancer patients".

Good-oh. Brilliant. Keep up the good work.

PS, sorry about your credibility.

If you didn’t  lock down in Nz, you’d have a case load of probably 100s of thousands, ICUs would be over full. And more than 2-5% of cases would die. But worse, everyone else who needs ICU to survive an event/ a car accident, a heart attack, a Stroke a whatever  - would not get that icu treatment and they’d likely die. 

Fish you really strugggle with facts... it was the head of the Cancer Society getting interviewed, not a caller, or politician, or Rose from down at the local butchers. DId I hear it wrong as CarpDiem is suggesting, possibly, but I dont think so as it shocked me and gave me reason to think about things I hadnt, ie covid is not the only game in town.

I have no interest in your thoughts on my credibility, so Ill leave it there

31 minutes ago, Veladare said:

Fish you really strugggle with facts... it was the head of the Cancer Society getting interviewed, not a caller, or politician, or Rose from down at the local butchers.

So did the head of the Cancer Society say Jacinda Arden "helped kill" 400 cancer patients?

Just wanting to establish the facts here.

On 4/11/2020 at 9:18 PM, DrWatson said:

But JA didn't allow children to be locked in cages separated from their parents for crossing a border as genuine migrants, and then lose their details so they can't be reunited with their parents. 

Trump did not lock kids in cages any more than JA knocked off 400 cancer patiences.

But both head organisations that did and there is no doubt both Trump and JA made calls that lead to those actions taking place.

So if you call Trump out then it is equally valid to call JA out. To call one out but not the other is purely due to your own politic barrow, nothing more.

The Cancer dude did say that as have many medical professionals said many have had less then ideal outcomes, inc death, due to decisions made around covid response.

I'd think that is not unexpected as Govts often prioritise things for many assorted reasons at the expense of many of their citizens. Both Trumps and JA's have put and continue to put some people well above others for assorted reasons, some of which are definitely political expediency and the optics.

The big difference is the media, it's gone after Trump so any dickheadery get highlighted to the max and any good is not mainstream reported where in NZ JA has the exact opposite.

35 minutes ago, KM... said:

Trump did not lock kids in cages any more than JA knocked off 400 cancer patiences.

So by taking action to stop the health system from being overwhelmed, so that cancer patients could still access treatment, JA knocked off 400 cancer patients?

You are going to have to help me with the logic of that.

I'm still dead keen for some sort of reference, like a link or something, to these 400 deaths, other than something that was said on ZB many months ago.