looking forward to biden

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a bunch of hypercritical history rewriting intolerant woke twats. Actually worse than that when AJ demonstrates such deep ignorance of his own countries history.

Yet again I called it correctly, a senile old corrupt racist won. Not to sure I like the idea of the US being headed by a proven war monger though, that's a bit scary especially when watching him

The media is horrendously left, even more in the US than in NZ*, and the total lack of balance it produces is behind most of the whole shitfight. * - according 2 studies by 2 Unis, one being Otag

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, aardvarkash10 said:

source.

never mind, did it for you.

Median income 2008 $31,560

Median income 2016 $32,632

Median income 2019 $35,977

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/MEPAINUSA672N

Looks like your figures are wrong by about 50% for the Trump figure (over estimate) and 1000% for the Obama/Biden figure (underestimate).

I'm open to other interpretations if you bring them.

Well, Trump conveniently left out the nearly concluded year 2020 

His complete and total mishandling of the pandemic had catastrophic economic consequences. 

If you compare the US economy in 2020 to that of New Zealand, I dare say that you will be shocked. 

"Well over 50 million people are still out of the workforce as businesses shutter permanently and restrictions continue in many parts of the country." 

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/economic-impact-of-covid-h1-2020/

14 hours ago, DrWatson said:

But what's that the median of?

This is the accompanying guff -

This statistic shows the median household income in the United States from 1990 to 2019. The median household income was 68,703 U.S. dollars in 2019.

Household income

The median household income depicts the income of households, including the income of the householder and all other individuals aged 15 years or over living in the household. Income includes wages and salaries, unemployment insurance, disability payments, child support payments received, regular rental receipts, as well as any personal business, investment, or other kinds of income received routinely.

The median household income in the United States varies from state to state. In 2018, the median household income was 86,345 U.S. dollars in Massachusetts, while the median household income in Mississippi was approximately 42,781 U.S. dollars at that time.

Household income is also used to determine the poverty line in the United States. In 2019, about 10.5 percent of the U.S. population was living in poverty. The child poverty rate, which represents people under the age of 18 living in poverty, has been growing steadily over the first decade since the turn of the century, from 16.2 percent of the children living below the poverty line in year 2000 to 22 percent in 2010. In 2019, it had lowered to 14.4 percent.

The state with the widest gap between the rich and the poor was New York, with a gini coefficient score of 0.51 in 2018. The Gini coefficient is calculated by looking at average income rates. A score of zero would reflect perfect income equality and a score of one indicates a society where one person would have all the money and all other people have nothing.

6 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

Why do some people persist in believing what Trump says?

No idea and I continually wonder why you do. All I put that down to is you must be a masochist.

Should we believe outputs from the US Dept of Statistics?

2 hours ago, aardvarkash10 said:

never mind, did it for you.

Median income 2008 $31,560

Median income 2016 $32,632

Median income 2019 $35,977

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/MEPAINUSA672N

Looks like your figures are wrong by about 50% for the Trump figure (over estimate) and 1000% for the Obama/Biden figure (underestimate).

I'm open to other interpretations if you bring them.

Unless you can give me a good reason not too I am going to run with the US Dept of Statistics numbers over those put out by some random...who may or may not but more than likely does have an agenda.