looking forward to biden

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a bunch of hypercritical history rewriting intolerant woke twats. Actually worse than that when AJ demonstrates such deep ignorance of his own countries history.

Yet again I called it correctly, a senile old corrupt racist won. Not to sure I like the idea of the US being headed by a proven war monger though, that's a bit scary especially when watching him

The media is horrendously left, even more in the US than in NZ*, and the total lack of balance it produces is behind most of the whole shitfight. * - according 2 studies by 2 Unis, one being Otag

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, armchairadmiral said:

Still find it hard to believe that Trump/Biden are the pick for President. Someone (maybe AJ) help me here.

It is indeed a terrible choice.  

Bernie Sanders on the Dem ticket would have made a helluva more interesting election.....Repubs are calling Biden a radical lefty (a complete joke as he is essentially a Republican bar a few social policies), which is the same charge the DNC were so worried about with a ticket headed by Bernie, so really, what did they have to lose.

Anyway, two Wall Street lackeys, in makes little difference who wins, though Trump is just a little more nuts than Biden, but not a lot in it.

Sanders would have been great, he actually had ideas that would have led to change. But he would never have got elected in the US. It is all about the middle ground. The left and right are so entrenched, they are going to vote for their party, not policies etc. So Biden being half Republican can take some of those swing voters off Trump.

But they other thing that really bugs me, these guys are so old, they look like they'd blow over in a slight breeze.

I did get a little excited when the Dems rolled out a candidate who looked young and vibrant (the guy who's name you can't pronounce), then he introduced his husband... I did a face palm. The US is just not ready for that level of inclusiveness in their president. Really appeals to a strong section of the Dems, but not ever going to win an election across America...

(no offense intended to anyone with Husbands, I'm trying to make a comment on political election chances, not on anything else).

Biden and Trump are the logical end-point of the US electorial system.

It is, in effect, a popularity contest, not a contest of policies or ideas.

It has many gerrymanders and entrenched imbalance in the Electoral College.  The country is held to political ransom by highly conservative rural voters who in their 100s of thousands have the same voting power as urban liberals in their millions.

In that environment and against a sitting president that has the ear of the conservatives who are either too stupid, too compromised, or too shortsighted, what do you do?  You put up a candidate who is not too liberal, looks and talks like them and doesn't reek of education.

Cleverly, you choose a single-term placeholder and with likely both senate and congress you can push on with major change.  Its NZ, 1984 revisited.

Edited by aardvarkash10

Why vote for 2 old very pale very stale dudes who are very close to shaking hands with God herself when they could have young vibrate and with the ability to out market both Trump and Biden. Surely in a world where the USA's excesses are now finally laid bare for even the most stupid to see good marketing will be needed to stop the slide into being an average with none of the power it once enjoyed.

Vote Kanye West