Wage subsidy....if you're depressed don't read.

MarinHiero  Hope it works out for you. Not knowing what line you are.

The hospitality trade does need a shack up and those who survive are doing right and will be supported. Awhile ago ventured in to viaduct for a afternoon beer with friends,needless to say the beers are still sitting on the poor girls bar.  Yes expected to pay a bit more for the surrounding area but not double .

having just watched the latest update of cases expect to stay in level 3 when the announcement comes out at 3.00pm

On 24/08/2020 at 10:53 AM, lateral said:

Once again, NEED should be targeted, as big employers whose business is sound, but tight on cash flow; not businesses that will survive anyway. Not easy, I concede.

Correct. I think if the Govt had taken 2 or 3 days longer plus got in some business sense it could have produced a far better subsidy scheme that would be better targeted, tidier and at a lot less cost. What we have is very much on trend for this Govt, it is reactive not proactive as we have seen with so so much over the last couple of years and especially so over the last few months.

On 24/08/2020 at 11:16 AM, Black Panther said:

Govt should stop trying to support businesses?

Govt is not supporting business, it is supporting its perceived vote base, employees. There are 1000's of business owners get squat but still having to pay out to cover the Govts actions. I am an employee of one on my business's so I'm still getting a bit of a wage but all the other business's are having to pay out to cover the Govt actions. One of my business's took the first subsidy but none since, the other two have taken none at all and the one I run but don't own has taken all it can get. I could have taken more but I'm one who believes our growing 'entitlement society' is going to be the reason NZ crashes to being a tin pot 3rd world sh*t hole so I tend to run a 'be responsible for your own actions and self' programme and I know I'm far from alone in running a SME's with that mindset.

I know of some SEM who took the subsidy and not all of it as gone to the employees as the owners try to feed their own families. I know of some business's doing OK but have delayed putting in invoices so their numbers are down so they can claim the subsidy in a hope to have a bit of a war chest for what ever is ahead.

The 'help' the Govt as given business is to push them into increased debt, that's all.

That 89% is in Auckland alone and like last week or very recent, I did the same survey. No idea on the 89% bit and think it maybe a little up there but I don't have any problem thinking 'the vast majority', the pain is there and it is very real. What's worse is it can only get worse once these subsidies finish. How bad? No idea but the wise money is hunkering down and being stashed waiting to jump in distressed assets. I think how we go forward very much depends on what wins the election, pragmatic or ideology.

My wages are currently $350 a week, less tax, so I can assure you none has been spent on Ducati tyres. I'll buy those with the same fund I buy aircraft flights around the world to do enduro rides and sh*t loads of high octane petrol, my investments in the green economy. That paradox (??) has a somewhat twisted appeal ;)

What I find unpalatable is that businesses out of Auck in Level 2  and still able to operate can get the same in the last subsidy round ( a mere 2 weeks!) as those in Auck under Level 3 and unable to open (some that is)  - doesnt seem v equitable to me....  I also would have thought that there is no reason why the South Island could not go back to L 1 ?   However the Govt has said they didnt want to regionalise as it is too hard so everyone suffers...

10 hours ago, 1paulg said:

What I find unpalatable is that businesses out of Auck in Level 2  and still able to operate can get the same in the last subsidy round ( a mere 2 weeks!) as those in Auck under Level 3 and unable to open (some that is)  - doesnt seem v equitable to me....  I also would have thought that there is no reason why the South Island could not go back to L 1 ?   However the Govt has said they didnt want to regionalise as it is too hard so everyone suffers...

Aotearoa the team of 5 million Auckland is say the front row it would be a bit rude not to pay the midfield and the backs.

16 hours ago, aardvarkash10 said:

"I think how we go forward very much depends on what wins the election, pragmatic or ideology."

So, voting Green then?

Sadly for the NZ taxpayer funding them all, the Greens have just again proven without a shade of a doubt they are just a pointless cluster f*ck only capable of sucking on public tit as none seem to have the intelligence required to even sweep footpaths. But to be fair if you need an expert on Hypocrisy and the best way to shoot your party in the political foot then they are the people to speak to.

3 hours ago, Knot Me... maybe said:

Sadly for the NZ taxpayer funding them all, the Greens have just again proven without a shade of a doubt they are just a pointless cluster f*ck only capable of sucking on public tit as none seem to have the intelligence required to even sweep footpaths. But to be fair if you need an expert on Hypocrisy and the best way to shoot your party in the political foot then they are the people to speak to.

No, no - say what you really feel!  Don't hold back!

3 hours ago, aardvarkash10 said:

No, no - say what you really feel!  Don't hold back!

😃😃 I'd like too but I'm too shy.

Some of that commentary is generated and laced with the heavy disappointment that happens when a bunch of dumb f*ck woke muppets displaced and then trashed all the awesome work done by Jeanette, Donaldson, Nandor and those who were/are genuine real Greens very unlike not the current bunch of woke twats just using the Green name to hide the fact they are indeed only limp watermelons. I used to be a Green voter back in the days when it was a environmentally based party. If I do vote part of the decision process always contains a big environmental angle, it always has as does my day to day existence.

• 2 weeks later...

WTF?? I see some business calling out the Govt as it stopped the subsidy the day before they were going to apply.

The dickheads who should have shopped as Specsavers, the Govt has been pretty good with reminders around key dates.

Not so sure I'd put all the emails we get from the Govt around this covid thing in the pretty good basket though as it appears MBIE has adopted JA mummysplaining habit, that's f**king irritating to say the least. For the last few months they have gone from pure informational to pretty much 'Now kiddies if you don't clean your room.....' I am fully expecting the new penalty regime out of MBIE to include 'to your room with no dinner' as one option.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12363394

One didn't have to be a genius to predict this. Human behaviour and all.

Don't expect any bargains any time soon other than genuinely distressed assets off the honest minority.

Everyone else is afloat on heli money.

Thats what you get with no checks 'n balances.