34th America's cup boats OD?

shanson

a team (total including builders)can only have 25 people! of which two must be designers! and the total boat "sailing crew" numbers are 10 max.

including builders ?!...you just knocked 80 feet of the boat length :lol:

Just watched the race in replay from here in Vietnam.....boy talk about horse power wars....

Question. Will it end up being like formula one car racing ? Mostly predictable....

No restrictions on anything.

- Pure box rule of XXmts long x YY wide by ZZ bottom of keel/hull to top of mast including any rudders prods and etc. Anything inside that box goes.

- Std ISAF sailing rules, no bullshit back room backhanders again.

- No motors or stored energy in any form bar big dudes on weetbix and a 50amp battery. Make the fukers work including the 3 or 4 who lounge around at the back of the boats doing bugger all.

Contest starts 18months from today. Challenger series if required, the winner meets the defender for a 10 race series over 3 differing course shapes, a month later.

Course shapes - At least one W/L or triangle with bloody short legs to keep it highly tactical and minimise any speed differences. One longer to see what boat speeds can do over tactics. One in the middle which combines both speed and tactics.

Totally open will change the landscape in Team terms. None of the same ol same ol faces we've had for years. No holes bared could get teams along with bugger all coin but very smart ideas. And/or serious money driven technology verses just good old smarts and 'can do'. The billionaires can still buy the cup if they like but also the backyard smart dudes can have a crack on a pile smaller budget.

Go to it, go hard and see if they can justify the supposed 'pinnacle' title. Had enough of the wanking on about this and that. If you are that good it's time to prove it both the teams and the contest itself.

If it wasn't for 2 sexy boats the AC 33rd would have been a total yawn feast. If that's the best of the best of our sport, we are all serious retards.

from here

http://money.cnn.com/2010/03/22/technol ... p.fortune/

So you're committed to rules that will lower the bar?

Oh yeah. It shouldn't be about money. It should be a little bit about technology and a lot about sailing. And it's got to be a great experience for viewers. It's got to be something kids want to watch. Quite frankly when I'm watching the Olympics I watch downhill racing. My kids watch the snowboarders. Okay. We've got to pay attention to that.

I kind of like monohulls. All my racing experience is on monohulls. But if what the kids want to watch is multihulls because it's more exciting, we'll go multihulls. We've got to make this a great sport from the point of view of the participant, especially the kid who's just getting into the sport, and from the point of view of the viewer on television.

Archived