Slight issue

What a shame the whole thing isnt in TP52 class yachts-just imagine the field and number of countries entered and quality of real tactical yacht racing, with the ability to build front line yachts still here just. Mind you harder to defend. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Fish said:

What is the detail with not being allowed to leave Oz? I hadn't heard that rule. Is it a blanket ban, or just you need to get a clear test first?

Australian citizens and permanent residents are not allowed to leave Australia unless granted a special exemption.

Visitors and others, with expiring visas are permitted to depart.

If you're a citizen but normally reside outside Australia (e.g., you're visiting family) then you'll get an exemption easily.

44 minutes ago, DrWatson said:

hmmmm, that might turn out quite tricky under a number of international treaties... 

Preventing a citizen of another country from leaving yours (permanent resident) might be seen as arbitrary detention...

You can leave Australia if you're bona-fide leaving to live in another country permanently.   I know a couple of Kiwis that have sold up and come home from Australia recently. 

The law is designed to stop people leaving for a few days, a week, or a month and then returning and adding pressure to the quarantine facilities. 

On 10/09/2020 at 8:46 PM, CarpeDiem said:

You can leave Australia if you're bona-fide leaving to live in another country permanently.   I know a couple of Kiwis that have sold up and come home from Australia recently. 

The law is designed to stop people leaving for a few days, a week, or a month and then returning and adding pressure to the quarantine facilities. 

Why can the aussies come over for rugby game??

On 3/09/2020 at 9:46 AM, waikiore said:

With no one allowed to leave Australia it may be tricky getting the race director Ian Murray into NZ, I guess he could work from home... Not long to go

This is what I was referring too.If the race director cannot leave OZ then why can a rugby team netball team come and go except the "Warriors" who must stay

The rules and regulations makes no sense.

2 hours ago, harrytom said:

This is what I was referring too.If the race director cannot leave OZ then why can a rugby team netball team come and go except the "Warriors" who must stay

The rules and regulations makes no sense.

People needing to make essential travel, that they can prove is essential, can get an exemption. I doubt the AC race director would be denied an exemption... 

• your travel is as part of the response to the COVID-19 outbreak, including the provision of aid 
  • your travel is essential for the conduct of critical industries and business (including export and import industries)
  • you are travelling to receive urgent medical treatment that is not available in Australia
  • you are travelling on urgent and unavoidable personal business
  • you are travelling on compassionate or humanitarian grounds 
  • your travel is in the national interest