Strategic voting against Greens

17 hours ago, Fish said:

This may make some of you spill your latte's (or just think I have poor judgement) but I actually think the Greens are a fairly strongly principled political party. 

You must be joking, the last principled members they had were Kennedy Graham and David Clendon who were kicked out of the party for speaking against Metiria Turei's welfare fraud. They swallowed the Winston rats on the Kermadec Fishing Sanctuary and Cameras on Fishing boats. They would know a principle if it hit them over the head.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Any far anything be it right, left, Peter, Paul or Mary would be a horror show. As it is now we have a distinct possibility we could end up single party and one chocker with ideology (some really

Greens just had a shot, blew it complete as far as I can see. No activists left, just woke ineffectives.

has anyone seen just how far to the right of centre labour actually sit? They’re a damn site closer to being capitalist fascists than they are militant communists.

On 3/10/2020 at 8:23 AM, marinheiro said:

You must be joking, the last principled members they had were Kennedy Graham and David Clendon who were kicked out of the party for speaking against Metiria Turei's welfare fraud. They swallowed the Winston rats on the Kermadec Fishing Sanctuary and Cameras on Fishing boats. They would know a principle if it hit them over the head.

once Winstone has left parliament then the Greens may make traction on Sanctuaries etc Not being a greenie of such I am starting to think they maybe worth a shot,there must be some in the party with common sense.

2 hours ago, BOIGuy said:

Greens just had a shot, blew it complete as far as I can see. No activists left, just woke ineffectives.

Yeah Interesting article here in the same vein https://www.stuff.co.nz/environment/300121114/native-habitat-under-attack-nationwide-as-offenders-face-little-consequence-data-shows 

Trouble with the Greens, Forest & Bird and others whinging about Council's not doing enough to protect natural habitats is when the Councils take enforcement action, prosecutions, they expose the Council and thus ratepayers to costs. Councils are risk averse. The burden of evidence is high and it is all to easy for landowners, consent holders to delay, defer and deny.  The system is broken. It is arguably preferable to do now and ask for forgiveness later... if you get caught.

On 3/10/2020 at 1:05 AM, DrWatson said:

I'd hate to see a right + far right government, I think it would be a disaster for NZ, economically, socially, and environmentally.

Any far anything be it right, left, Peter, Paul or Mary would be a horror show.

As it is now we have a distinct possibility we could end up single party and one chocker with ideology (some really fuitloop grade sh*t) but not much experiance at being you or me or the organisations that keep NZ going dispite the government.

As I said 3 years ago, go vote like the lemmings you are but don't expect things to get better because if it.

Was I right? Oh hell yes. Next to f*ck all has got better but a sh*t load has got worse.

Actually I see NZ being in the most danger of a Lab/Green Govt. The Labs are a little fruity but still reasonably pragmatic, the Greens are just fruitloop grade muppets and f**king dangerous ones. So I predict a Lab/Green Govt would enact some nasty sh*t including removing many freedoms and loading up some huge costs, Jacinda and the Labour party will blame them all on the Greens who are that bloody stupid they will just smile inanely and not see the wheels of the bus coming up fast behind them.

But then the Akl Central poll must have caused so discussions in the assorted war rooms. The game seems to have changed direction there very quickly. No idea why but reports do suggest the Labour lady is a patronising dickhead, if that's right then it maybe a seat only thing not a nationwide swing of any sort.

On 3/10/2020 at 1:56 AM, armchairadmiral said:

Do you mean the kind of scientific evidence that burned people at the stake for denying that the sun revolved around the earth ? Yeah ...scientific evidence is beyond dispute. Humans know it all !

Look, I'm gonna vote this down purely because it's simply so wrong. 

For the sake of clarification, it was religious dogma and the church fearing a weakening of their power that put the scientists to the brand. 

12 hours ago, DrWatson said:

Look, I'm gonna vote this down purely because it's simply so wrong. 

For the sake of clarification, it was religious dogma and the church fearing a weakening of their power that put the scientists to the brand.

I'm confused, so who was it that reckoned the Sun revolved around the Earth, science or church?

And a supplementary ;)

Wasn't the church also science for a while back then?

still need convincing who to vote for,Greens just blew it with the wealth tax.James Shaw did explain it on zb the other morning but too many varients for to work.

Nats ,tax cut for 16 months yeah right,

Labour,Maybe put Grant Robertson as leader??

That leaves the minor parties below the threshold,so destiny Church it will be🤣