• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Absolutely 100%, it's all in the manner it is done. What's the difference between Trump expressing glee at someone's plight and someone on Crew doing the same? Nothing, they are all vile nasty sa

You do understand that Trump assassinated a guy, as in with a bomb, blew him and several others up. In a country that had nothing to do with either trump or the assassinated guy. As far as anyone can

You are starting to appear very ignorant of what is actually going on, either that or you are trolling? So you want to compare deaths due to not delivering on a policy, to what Trump is doing? OK

Posted Images

3 hours ago, It Got said:

No, I take that back. Those on Crew and other places (suss the Daily Blog for real nasty fuckers, mostly all of how identify as Green voters by the way) hold themselves up as caring sharing people concerned about fellow humans, see the stuck cruisers thread, yet here they are smiling and professing pleasure at the thought a fellow human may suffer what by all reports is a nasty death.

Its all about the greater good KM. Its about reducing the net total suffering. By wishing ill on Trump, I am actually hoping that all the people who are wronged by him will no longer be wronged. As a caring sharing person, I really want all the people of Venezuela, and Iran to be free from Trump's oppression. And all the people in the US who are suffering from his poor decisions.

If Trump were assassinated, the world would be a fare better place.

PS, what on earth are you doing reading the Daily Blog?

PPS, if you want to understand why I'm linking oppression, Iran and Venezuela with Trump, you'll have to read reliable news sources, like maybe Al Jazeera, not the Daily Blog ;-)

It's for the greater good KM, the greater good.

1 hour ago, Fish said:

Its all about the greater good KM. Its about reducing the net total suffering. By wishing ill on Trump, I am actually hoping that all the people who are wronged by him will no longer be wronged. As a caring sharing person, I really want all the people of Venezuela, and Iran to be free from Trump's oppression. And all the people in the US who are suffering from his poor decisions.

Real moral superiority doesn't work like that.  If you have better principles, you have them all the time.  The result of any other position is that anyone who has the greater physical or military strength is allowed to apply their personal moral code - in effect, the very thing that you are arguing against.

This is why we have advanced democracies.  Its saves all the moral sophistry and blood-letting that tends to pervade monachies, oligarchies, dictatorships and anarchies.

1 hour ago, Fish said:

So, not a fan of democracy then?

28 minutes ago, aardvarkash10 said:

If you think the USA is a democracy, you are naïve. But more to the point, the world doesn't get to vote for the US president, so the concept of democracy doesn't apply. The world just has to put up with the bully boy tactics.

Qasem Saleimani says your arguement doesn't stack up. Here's the thing. I'm a nobody expressing my opinion on a very quiet corner of the internet. Trump, on the other hand, gets it into his head that the world would be a better place without so-and-so. At best, I'll cope a down vote (thanks for that BTW), Trump, on the other hand, just goes out and assassinates so-and-so, giving the big finger to your reason for having advanced democracies.

Here's the thing with this moral arguement. If you see someone getting beaten in the street, do you stand by and let them get beaten, because you believe violence is wrong and can't bring yourself to confront it, or do you take action for what you believe in, even if that means using physical force (violence) to stop the violence? 

The means to an end? or the moral straight jacket?

11 hours ago, aardvarkash10 said:

Real moral superiority doesn't work like that.  If you have better principles, you have them all the time.  The result of any other position is that anyone who has the greater physical or military strength is allowed to apply their personal moral code - in effect, the very thing that you are arguing against.

This is why we have advanced democracies.  Its saves all the moral sophistry and blood-letting that tends to pervade monachies, oligarchies, dictatorships and anarchies.

Agree with most of that, but since when has the US been a democracy?

12 hours ago, Fish said:

PPS, if you want to understand why I'm linking oppression, Iran and Venezuela with Trump, you'll have to read reliable news sources, like maybe Al Jazeera, not the Daily Blog ;-)

It's for the greater good KM, the greater good.

Depending on your political bent, you could argue similar points against Jacinda Ardern for her failings on 

• Homelessness and the broken promises to provide housing for the vulnerable - up 300% in her term.
  • Increasing in child poverty
  • Growing unemployment etc etc
  • Disdain for farming and business
  • etc etc

But to wish her harm via a danger virus or even death is just a step to far and downright uncouth and nasty. 

2 minutes ago, tuffyluffy said:

Depending on your political bent, you could argue similar points against Jacinda Ardern for her failings on 

• Homelessness and the broken promises to provide housing for the vulnerable - up 300% in her term.
  • Increasing in child poverty
  • Growing unemployment etc etc
  • Disdain for farming and business
  • etc etc

But to wish her harm via a danger virus or even death is just a step to far and downright uncouth and nasty. 

Exactly. You can express displeasure in many ways outwith wishing the extreme harm on someone.

'I wish Jacinda didn't run for PM again as she's the bitch who has tripled homelessness' that is a 'For the greater good' statement, not a nice one but one all the same. As a wee aside, it's also a true statement.

'Ha ha ha, Jacindas rotting from covid, that'll teach her' that is purely vile evil cowardly crap.

The further left you look the more vile and cowardly it gets.

13 hours ago, Fish said:

Are the views on The Daily Blog any more or less valid than yours?