14 hours ago, aardvarkash10 said:

...that elects its representatives democratically. 

Well, what do you call a political system in which the will of the majority is regularly thwarted? As in for example the large majorities in favor of higher minimum wages, Med 4 All, an end to gerrymandering, stronger environmental protections, voting rights, and much else that does not happen. 

These gents call it an oligarchy . .  https://www.newyorker.com/news/john-cassidy/is-america-an-oligarchy

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Absolutely 100%, it's all in the manner it is done. What's the difference between Trump expressing glee at someone's plight and someone on Crew doing the same? Nothing, they are all vile nasty sa

You do understand that Trump assassinated a guy, as in with a bomb, blew him and several others up. In a country that had nothing to do with either trump or the assassinated guy. As far as anyone can

You are starting to appear very ignorant of what is actually going on, either that or you are trolling? So you want to compare deaths due to not delivering on a policy, to what Trump is doing? OK

Posted Images

12 hours ago, Fish said:

You do understand that Trump assassinated a guy, as in with a bomb, blew him and several others up. In a country that had nothing to do with either trump or the assassinated guy. As far as anyone can tell, this was entirely to make Trumps cock look bigger.

It is beyond me how you can relate that to our PM. I understand she gave a reporter a sharp look once... You do seem to have some kind of unhealthy fixation on Jacinda though. 

Do we know how many children JA's government killed because they didn't deliver on their child poverty and housing promises?

Do we know how many avoidable deaths were attributed to delayed treatment caused by emptied hospitals during the lockdown?

34 minutes ago, tuffyluffy said:

Do we know how many children JA's government killed because they didn't deliver on their child poverty and housing promises?

Do we know how many avoidable deaths were attributed to delayed treatment caused by emptied hospitals during the lockdown?

You are starting to appear very ignorant of what is actually going on, either that or you are trolling?

So you want to compare deaths due to not delivering on a policy, to what Trump is doing? OK

How many children have died in Iran because Trump wont let any country anywhere in the world sell medicine to Iran? Why wont Trump let anyone sell medicine to Iran?

How many children died in cages that were put there by US border officials, after being permanently removed from their parents?

Why is Trump even putting children in cages?

So, JA's govt policies is to improve child poverty, Trump's govt policy is to permanently remove children from parents and lock them in cages, and to deny all children in a country with zero to do with the US any access to any medicine at all.

So are you ignorant or trolling?

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/11/12/us-held-record-69550-migrant-children-in-custody-in-2019-report

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/7/30/iranians-say-us-sanctions-blocking-life-saving-medicine

1 hour ago, tuffyluffy said:

No, we don't.  It could be inferred statistically, but the reality is that there would be so many co-morbidities and confounders and the data set would be so small  that the interpretation would be highly arguable.

We do know that child mortality in New Zealand has trended downward consistantly for over 20 years and is lower now than at any time previously.  Successive governments must have been doing something right in terms of policy.

1 hour ago, tuffyluffy said:

No, we don't.  However, like most countries, New Zealand has had an unexpected decrease in overall morbidity during COVID and its associated restrictions.  From this we could infer that we have had a nett improvement in health associated with restricted access to tertiary treatment.

4 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

Well, what do you call a political system in which the will of the majority is regularly thwarted?

Common.  Its the reality of almost every FPP electoral system, and is not uncommon in proportional systems.

I do not claim that US democracy is perfect - its far from it.  But it is a democracy.  People do get to vote meaningfully.  If anything, they get to vote too often and in situations and for positions that are, frankly, poorly selected by public acclaim.  

1 hour ago, Fish said:

You are starting to appear very ignorant of what is actually going on, either that or you are trolling?

So you want to compare deaths due to not delivering on a policy, to what Trump is doing? OK

How many children have died in Iran because Trump wont let any country anywhere in the world sell medicine to Iran? Why wont Trump let anyone sell medicine to Iran?

How many children died in cages that were put there by US border officials, after being permanently removed from their parents?

Why is Trump even putting children in cages?

So, JA's govt policies is to improve child poverty, Trump's govt policy is to permanently remove children from parents and lock them in cages, and to deny all children in a country with zero to do with the US any access to any medicine at all.

So are you ignorant or trolling?

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/11/12/us-held-record-69550-migrant-children-in-custody-in-2019-report

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/7/30/iranians-say-us-sanctions-blocking-life-saving-medicine

An I ignorant or trolling? Probably, much like yourself, a bit of both. Its just a matter of perspective.

BTW, migrant children were separated from their parents and kept in cages long before Trump, and if Iran wants to build nuclear missiles then their government should prepare itself and its people for the consequences.

Does Iran want to build nuclear missiles? Or do they want to build power plants? Iraq buys its power off Iran. As long as Iraq continue doing that, US companies can't get Iraq to pay them to build new power stations... Is it right that the US stop kids from getting medicine, so they can do infrastructure projects in a 3rd country?

Now, do you remember, a long time ago now, when the USSR and the USA were having an arms race? The Cuban missile crisis, that kind of fear of a nuclear winter and mutually assured destruction?

Trump is feeding billions in arms into all of Iran's neighbours. He is getting Pompeo to circumvent US laws and international treaties to do it. Who benefits?

Iran's regional foes are arming themselves to the hilt. Is it not legitimate for Iran to want to defend itself? or has the US still not a chip on its shoulder about the revolution and how they got a bloody nose from the embassy hostage situation? 

There is a massive arms race going on in the most fractious part of the world. Every G7 nation wouldn't sell those countries the top end hardware they wanted, including the US. It is a dangerous race to the bottom. The US has laws about it, for good reason...

But you can carry on with the MSN news narrative that the Iranians are bad guys and their children should die cause they wont do what Trump told them to do.

17 hours ago, Fish said:

You do understand that Trump assassinated a guy, as in with a bomb, blew him and several others up. In a country that had nothing to do with either trump or the assassinated guy. As far as anyone can tell, this was entirely to make Trumps cock look bigger.

It is beyond me how you can relate that to our PM. I understand she gave a reporter a sharp look once... You do seem to have some kind of unhealthy fixation on Jacinda though. 

Dude, feeling a bit of a arse for making your comments are you. This attempting to deflect attention away from the fact you do wish harm on fellow humans, even if they are also a bit of an arse, makes you look weak and cowardly.

13 minutes ago, It Got said:

Dude, feeling a bit of a arse for making your comments are you. This attempting to deflect attention away from the fact you do wish harm on fellow humans, even if they are also a bit of an arse, makes you look weak and cowardly.

No, definitely not.

It is clear that I am establishing you guys don't actually understand what Trump has been up to. Which would explain your naivety and lack of comprehension as to what I am going on about. That is fine, I do understand I aren't going to change your world view on this. But I am perfectly comfortably with my world view, and perfectly confident to share it ;-)

To re-state, I wish harm on Trump, so as to reduce harm to my fellow humans. It is a fairly straight forward proposition. Kind of why the Allies went to war about 1939...

Any chance you could come up with a reasoned argument to that, or deflect some more yourself? Own it KM, JA hasn't actually assassinated anyone. Hasn't ordered any extra-judicial killings. Not even blown anyone up. MAGA man has.