Jordan Rescued

1- floor board lashed to pole = broken spinnaker pole

2- trailing rope and chain and varying the ammount of each on the water = .5kt boat speed

3- warps, pole and different sails = circles

4- chain off the starboard quarter (boat was pulling to port) = straight line away from new zealand and 1.5kts or remotely towards new zealand at .5kts

and we just kept trying those combinations with each other all day and night

All very good, 'til your boat looks like this:

Yup - give a boat to Tony Bullimore and he flips it yet again - seems to be a personal bad habit he has acquired with 2 multis and 1 mono to his credit - mind you the heavy bit fell of the mono first.

hell yes im keen fishy!

:thumbup:

Excellent!,

Now give Kevin at RAYC a call and tell him you've done your Advanced Sea Survival training, ask him to send the certificate home and don't worry about the theory and paperwork bits.

Hell, I've gone swiming in my oilskins and hopped in a liferaft in a nice heated indoor swimming pool, that was hard enough without having to climb a bamboo ladder then scull a bottle of rum and two boxes of Stienies as well...

Hi J.H. Would be interested in hearing more re the failure of the Zodiac raft, obviously it was in survey, any idea how old it was and who surveyed it?

I remember a name brand of raft back in the late 70's or early 80's that on its first survey was found to have most of the glue lines fail, the surveyor said it was one of a batch that basically all that were resurveyed were found to have failed at the glue line.

At the time I wondered why there wasn't a recall from the manufacturer, but no everything stayed quiet. It was about the time that smackwater jack disappeared I wondered at the time if maybe their raft was one of those. :?: :?:

That doesn't give you an excuse to not come sailing tomorrow night though Jordan... Peter

Hay Jordan, how many boats are you sailing on?

Perhaps you bad luck isn't to do with you but just the outright probability that if you sail on every boat in Auckland, when one of those several hundred boats has a problem, you get associated with it?

That doesn't give you an excuse to not come sailing tomorrow night though Jordan... Peter

Hay Jordan, how many boats are you sailing on?

Perhaps you bad luck isn't to do with you but just the outright probability that if you sail on every boat in Auckland, when one of those several hundred boats has a problem, you get associated with it?

usually 3 or 4 at a time. im a bit of a boat slut

Archived