BOP Trailer Yacht Sqd Alan Civil Classic 50 miler (for the big boys), shorter course for smaller TY, plus Sport boat Div. 21 Nov 2020 Lake Rotoiti

9 hours ago, Adrianp said:

Is that Big Greeny from High-n-Fibre? Massive sail but not the fastest we found.

Good powers of observation Adrian . Yeah it’s high n fibres green monster . We tried it on Friday evening in about 5-6 knots and we were matching the wind speed . But yeah the groove narrows as the wind picks up and the trimmer nearly got his arms ripped off , we found that the luff would collapse dramatically when we caught up with AW and would have to do a big bear away to fill it again . 

17 minutes ago, 44forty said:

Good powers of observation Adrian . Yeah it’s high n fibres green monster . We tried it on Friday evening in about 5-6 knots and we were matching the wind speed . But yeah the groove narrows as the wind picks up and the trimmer nearly got his arms ripped off , we found that the luff would collapse dramatically when we caught up with AW and would have to do a big bear away to fill it again . 

We found the Magic 25 kites to be the best as they have put some much development into them. I think they are only 65m2, where that Greeny is almost 100m2, but just way more efficient. 

16 minutes ago, Deep Purple said:

Is the club going to post up photo's?. I noticed the guys on the start/patrol boats taking pics and I'd love to see some.

Brent Stiver has posted some, if you message him he may have more.

I've emailed him to see if he has more.

Yellow boat.jpg

Yellow 2.jpg

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, eruptn said:

Bloody great video...any chance of dropping it on the BOPTYS Facebook page... 

No worries! Our media officer/bow monkey/beer opener is stoked to see his vid out there. I’ve submitted a ‘friend’ request to the FB page, hopefully when that’s accepted I can put it up.

Or if I can get a email of an admin, I can send it directly?

• Upvote 1

Just over a week to this years event. Shame about the covid borders but looking forward to it. House booked, mates coming up from Wellington to compete. My birthday on Raceday so I suspect a few rums after if we aren't as shattered as we were last year.

image.jpg

• Upvote 1

Great to see the support, here is our latest thoughts:

ALLAN CIVIL MEMORIAL RACE AND COVID SAFETY

The situation remains fluid as you all know, however we remain committed to holding this event as planned on Saturday 20 November. We have considered date changes and are concerned we will flood the calendar in the New Year with catch up events or the next crisis will stop us holding the event. We can do it now so we are going for it at this time.

To help keep everyone safe:

• Scan with your Covid app.

• We will need you to register all people associated with your boat when you get here.

• Mask wearing will be left to your discretion, however we advise keeping a 1m distance from people you do not know.

• We ask you to keep out of the clubroom – ask those serving for anything you need.

• Those serving food will be masked and wear gloves

• Food will be served.

• The on-the-water activities are as expected.

As all boats competing will be from Level 2 areas there should be no significant issues.

If it’s a good breezy day, and all boats are finished by 7 pm, we will have the prize giving on Saturday evening. If not, we will roll over to the Sunday morning as planned.