New Zealand cannabis referendum, Yes or No

1 hour ago, aardvarkash10 said:

not sure if this is a statement or a question.

Can you clarify?

Your post of "if its good enough for the Canadian army,it should be good enough for everyone"

What you posted that they could go off to battle after being off the pot for 8hrs?? My question is would it then be safe enough for a driver in the transport indusrty?? I would say NO.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I do...

If someone has a problem with drugs ( or alcohol or gambling......) they belong in the health system  ot jail.

No vote here . Never touched the stuff. Don't care if you do . Rum in vast quantities though . I wouldn't vote to legalise rum either if it wasn't already legal. You don't unleash things on the public

19 hours ago, Priscilla II said:

Crikey KM are you actually voting after all your lengthy anti voting diatribes and complaints ain’t that a bit rich to bang on about dickheads.

There is quite a difference between having to choose between being shot, boiled in oil, having your testicles removed by a blunt knife or voting for a NZ wannabe MP, than there is responding to a Yes or No question about a specific subject.

But when I'm in the booth I may also throw a vote or 2 as I'm already there. Whom for, who knows but it will be based on actions and effort not anything any have been saying as we know none will do sweet feck all, if any at all, of what they are trying to tell you they will.

27 minutes ago, It Got said:

There is quite a difference between having to choose between being shot, boiled in oil, having your testicles removed by a blunt knife or voting for a NZ wannabe MP, than there is responding to a Yes or No question about a specific subject.

But when I'm in the booth I may also throw a vote or 2 as I'm already there. Whom for, who knows but it will be based on actions and effort not anything any have been saying as we know none will do sweet feck all, if any at all, of what they are trying to tell you they will.

Such a shining, happy ball of positivity.

I feel so warm and fuzzy after reading that...

1 hour ago, harrytom said:

Your post of "if its good enough for the Canadian army,it should be good enough for everyone"

What you posted that they could go off to battle after being off the pot for 8hrs?? My question is would it then be safe enough for a driver in the transport indusrty?? I would say NO.

No, thats not what I posted.  These discussions work best if you don't assume anything or say stuff for me.

The Canadian Armed Forces reasonably enough say 8 hours before you can drive a desk or mop a floor, 24 hours before you can drive a wheeled or tracked vehicle, handle firearms , parachute or operate a laser, among other activities.  It looks to me like they identified the real risks as against the imagined ones.

https://www.canada.ca/en/department-national-defence/corporate/policies-standards/defence-administrative-orders-directives/9000-series/9004/9004-1-use-cannabis-caf-members.html

Cannabis actually has a comparatively low risk for non-habitual, non-chronic users copared to other intoxicants.  Depending on the potency of the plant, the psychoactive effects tail off between 2 and 8 hours.  Compared to alcohol, its a far less hazardous intoxicant both in use and after the fact.  Unfortunately, it comes packed with a side-serving of moral indignation, so facts tend to get put to one side.

I have, quite literally, been in meetings where drug policies are discussed and the use of cannabis has been met with horror, only to be invited to drinks following the meeting and before driving home.  The irony was lost on the majority of those present.

I see the thread confirms the OP. 

The laws of NZ dictate as much as this employer would most likely vote yes in the cannapiss referendum I have no option but to vote No in the interests of my staffs welfare......most who I have little doubt will vote Yes.

But I will be voting Yes to the Youthinasia bill.

China has very low crime rates in some areas, far lower than NZ. They shoot the offenders and it works so if it's good enough for them then .........

In some countries they eat Whales and NZ does have many hungry people so if it's good enough for them then.....

12 minutes ago, aardvarkash10 said:

No, thats not what I posted.  These discussions work best if you don't assume anything or say stuff for me.

The Canadian Armed Forces reasonably enough say 8 hours before you can drive a desk or mop a floor, 24 hours before you can drive a wheeled or tracked vehicle, handle firearms , parachute or operate a laser, among other activities.  It looks to me like they identified the real risks as against the imagined ones.

https://www.canada.ca/en/department-national-defence/corporate/policies-standards/defence-administrative-orders-directives/9000-series/9004/9004-1-use-cannabis-caf-members.html

Cannabis actually has a comparatively low risk for non-habitual, non-chronic users copared to other intoxicants.  Depending on the potency of the plant, the psychoactive effects tail off between 2 and 8 hours.  Compared to alcohol, its a far less hazardous intoxicant both in use and after the fact.  Unfortunately, it comes packed with a side-serving of moral indignation, so facts tend to get put to one side.

I have, quite literally, been in meetings where drug policies are discussed and the use of cannabis has been met with horror, only to be invited to drinks following the meeting and before driving home.  The irony was lost on the majority of those present.

go back tom page2 4hrs ago and read what you posted,no mention of a mop/desk you post mentioned depending on.

Canada's armed forces have a policy on it.  Stepped "last time of use" periods depending on your next assignment.  Times range from 8 hours to 28 days iirc depending on the risk profile of your next duty.  If its good enough for an army, it should be good enough for anyone else.

End of transmission.OUT

1 minute ago, harrytom said:

go back tom page2 4hrs ago and read what you posted,no mention of a mop/desk you post mentioned depending on.

Canada's armed forces have a policy on it.  Stepped "last time of use" periods depending on your next assignment.  Times range from 8 hours to 28 days iirc depending on the risk profile of your next duty.  If its good enough for an army, it should be good enough for anyone else.

End of transmission.OUT

Well done - you quoted back exactly what I said and made my point.  Perhaps I should have highlighted the relevant bits first time around.  I'll remember to shout in future.

11 hours ago, tuffyluffy said:

Perhaps a poor choice of words and i could argue the point, but do you see cannabis use in 10 - 25yo's increasing or decreasing as a result of this legislation passing?

So what if it does increase for that age group?  Couldn't care less.

2 hours ago, It Got said:

I see the thread confirms the OP. 

The laws of NZ dictate as much as this employer would most likely vote yes in the cannapiss referendum I have no option but to vote No in the interests of my staffs welfare......most who I have little doubt will vote Yes.

But I will be voting Yes to the Youthinasia bill.

China has very low crime rates in some areas, far lower than NZ. They shoot the offenders and it works so if it's good enough for them then .........

In some countries they eat Whales and NZ does have many hungry people so if it's good enough for them then.....

Alcohol is not illegal but for some jobs you can't come to work with booze in your system.

Same for marijuana.  If your job dictates in its contract that you have to be straight, then straight you shall be -- marijuana not being illegal has nothing to do with it.

An on the asianyouth vote, a big fat giant NO.  If you want to give your kids the greenlight to give you the needle 10 years or more before your time as they want your money...by all means vote yes