New Zealand cannabis referendum, Yes or No

5 hours ago, It Got said:

The courts use the same as driving so there is a legally defined level of impairment around alcohol.

Not for general H&S they don't.  You as employer are required to take reasonable steps to manage the risk.  You cannot rely on the road vehicle limit for people operating a chainsaw (by way of an example).

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I do...

If someone has a problem with drugs ( or alcohol or gambling......) they belong in the health system  ot jail.

No vote here . Never touched the stuff. Don't care if you do . Rum in vast quantities though . I wouldn't vote to legalise rum either if it wasn't already legal. You don't unleash things on the public

16 hours ago, aardvarkash10 said:

Not for general H&S they don't.  You as employer are required to take reasonable steps to manage the risk.  You cannot rely on the road vehicle limit for people operating a chainsaw (by way of an example).

It is a known guideline the courts have used so for me it's easy, if they shouldn't be driving a car they shouldn't be doing lots of other stuff. I have a very well known guide to use. A guide that is very easy to explain and even most dumbarses would get it.

There is nothing like that for the lectric puha.

Looks like it's going to miss anyway. They need to bring it back more along the lines of meeting what is happening now and society seems quite fine with. I'm walking down the road smoking a splif and the plods arrive. I'm pinged just like a speeding ticket, fined some pointless sum and told to f*ck off home. Basically the plods are running a 'decriminalised' type program and next to no one I've spoken to has a problem with that. It would also tick many of the boxes people are having issues with in the current suggestion.

No vote here . Never touched the stuff. Don't care if you do . Rum in vast quantities though . I wouldn't vote to legalise rum either if it wasn't already legal. You don't unleash things on the public that arent already there legally.Prohibition was an unmitigated disaster but only because they changed the law from something publicly legally acceptable. Pokies being a good example in recent years being unleashed in vast numbers for real damage to the lower socio economic groups. Just leave dope alone to function like now. These things are sometimes more about a how to tax it mission than public good. Contrary to popular belief Govts. arent beind kind....just devious. You know...I'm here from the Government and I'm here to help.BTW I've recently looked at Cannabis Industry (medical) there's not much in it unless you can get an overseas export market going. ATM its about at the same stage as Ostrich farming in the beginning  and look how that ended up.

Yes BP...Mightn't agree  on heroin but if you re read my post you'll see that I agree that dope is no more a problem than alcohol.It's just that  Guvmit has  a succesful tax regime on alcohol that somehow legitimises it. You are somewhat patronising with your comment " if you are actually interested ".  I would have thought the fact I posted confirmed that. BTW a book written doesn't make any subject right or wrong. It's just another point of view that the reader may or may not agree with. Also my ongoing research into cannabis industry was /is most enlightening.There's going to be a few get their fingers burned...get it ?

cannabis has never been legal in modern times.Opium  and derivatives was not specifically illegal in earlier times  as were a lot of  drugs .Before the human race woke up to the harm that all those medication (including alcohol) did physically and mentally.But then  they discovered taxation  of the masses via tobacco alcohol but not drugs . Imagine a world that didn't know about alcohol and drugs. Oh yeah....rum excluded