White Island

rich2

Its to late now but if they had started everyone on Thursday we would have entered. But to start against two cats and Starlight had no appeal.

With the two handed bit strong this year, maybe next year there will be a few more boats we could race, but again I def think everyone should start on Thursday.

We'll see what happens next year

I'm confused...

The NOR says the Two Handed Division starts on Thursday.

But the SI's say

"Round White Island Divisions

Boats with a PHRF .8 and above shall be Division 1, with the warning signal on the 26th at 1000 hours.

Boats with a lower handicap shall be division 2 with the warning signal at 1900 hours on the 25th." There is no mention of start times for Two Handed.

RAYC currently seem to be suggesting the Two handed division start will be split based on handicap.

Normally SI's take precedence over the NOR.

Has anyone else looked into it ? Thoughts ?

When I asked about that a couple months ago I got told by danaide and a couple others that it was split on handicap and was stagered start times.

So I didn't enter as I disagree strongly with split starts for a short race.

It may even be back a couple pages

I have just been advised that the NOR and SI for the White Island race have been amended. All boats will start this Thursday with the first warning signal at 1900. RAYC are also still accepting entires. Briefing is still on Wed night at 1900. So those people who said they would do the race if everyone started together, now is your chance to enter. Currently there are 20 boats entered of which 12 are two handed.

I have just been advised that the NOR and SI for the White Island race have been amended. All boats will start this Thursday with the first warning signal at 1900. RAYC are also still accepting entires. Briefing is still on Wed night at 1900. So those people who said they would do the race if everyone started together, now is your chance to enter. Currently there are 20 boats entered of which 12 are two handed.

Choice. It would have been a restless night on Thursday knowing our race had already started but we had to wait until morning tea time to go.

20 is OK - does any else want to reconsider and come on the race?

Pork Chop - it's going to be mostly downwind, you guys would smoke around the track.

Starlight - you're setting a bad precedent if these races are seen as optional, plus we've been saving up our roller-disco gags.

Something like this isnt something I can put together overnight mate... no sat phone for a start and half my crew are going cruising this weekend now...myself including probably.

If they start everyone next year on Thursday night, we're almost certain to enter, but only if thats the NOR, not something thrown in to pull entries 2 days out from the start...

Ive had no correpsondance from RAYC since I withdrew 2 weeks ago

Something like this isnt something I can put together overnight mate... no sat phone for a start and half my crew are going cruising this weekend now...myself including probably.

Fair call. The boat wont sail itself. Plus, in fairness, the forecast is probably better for cruising than racing!

If they start everyone next year on Thursday night, we're almost certain to enter, but only if thats the NOR, not something thrown in to pull entries 2 days out from the start... Ive had no correpsondance from RAYC since I withdrew 2 weeks ago

Also a good point. It's a bit unorthodox to have split starts.

You're excused but Starlight Express are not off the hook. Come on guys - you're Aussie crew member is threatening to stow away with us.

might have to be a bit more specific on that hewy. which ausi? BAP man (paul) or nathan?

God - so many of them, well ... enough for them to reenact the underarm bowling incident.

It was the BAP-bro who tried to defect. He wants to be towed behind us in a dinghy. I wondered if he was trying to escape back to Australia - maybe he'd cast himself adrift in the dinghy, catch the EAC and float back to Victoria.

If they start everyone next year on Thursday night, we're almost certain to enter, but only if thats the NOR, not something thrown in to pull entries 2 days out from the start...

Amendment was made when it was pointed out by a competitor that there was a possible conflict in interpretation between NOR and SI. Nothing to do with trying to drum up more competitors. I may stand to be corrected buyt I think this years fleet is just about the biggest since the race was reinstated. Good to see RAYC has taken a pragmatic and sensible approach with the amendment.

Bummer you can't make it Pork Chop, would have been great to have had you out there. Maybe next year? Enjoy the weekends cruising, the weather looks mint for cruising around the gulf.

TVS

Nice breeze for a jolly out to White Is.

We started seomd start at 7.10pm.

15-22kts of breeze. From 200.

So it's a flat run out to Channel Is. Just off Tiri at 8.00pm

Archived