another paint thread

I've got some interior painting to do, as well as the exterior (deck)

I was going to use the elite 321 brushing polyurethane for both but have since found out you can't flatten it - high gloss is the only option.

Someone here had some secret water borne two pack polyurethane? What should I be using that can be gloss outside but matte / flat inside?

Should I be learning to spray? Where does one start with that

Thanks @KM... this is exactly what I was looking for

Couple questions for you - you said you used a satin inside? The spec sheet you link to lists only : Gloss and Low Sheen options :

Tuff Cote Finish WB 2K Gloss Accent 49-2715
Tuff Cote Finish WB 2K LS Accent 49-2115
Tuff Cote Finish WB 2K Gloss White 49-2700
Tuff Cote Finish WB 2K Low Sheen White 49-2000

Satin sounds more like what I want inside than a Low sheen

Do you have a pic to share of your best bit of finish applied by roller?

I went to Wairau paint centre yesterday to suss, some confusion as it seems Cotec have now renamed this product to "Tuff Floor”.

The reason behind this is because 95% of this products usage was in the flooring sector. The product is exactly the same….

See link here for TDS https://cotec.co.nz/TDS/Flooring/Tuff Floor WB Polyurethane MAR 20.pdf - They still have the same product codes so must be the same paint.

For those wondering, the cost of this is around 1/3rd of what you'd pay at Burnsco for Elite 321. 

I've ordered some gloss clear for the woodwork and a lowsheen white to try out on the insides.

Interesting- Ballistic's interior was painted with a water based product originally. Apart from certain coves where the keying wasn't up to much, it is in pretty good nick. KM thanks for the info. I did a quick little tidy up in the front of the boat the other day with Altex 2 pack epoxy. 

20201021_190436.jpg