Best budget keelboat racing around? Piedy?

3 hours ago, Fish said:

How many boats do you own KM, not counting dinghie's? Just curious (not having a dig, there just seems to be a prevalence of multiple boat owning people about all of a sudden.

What are you classifying as a dinghy? Any open boat? In that case, dunno about KM but I’ve got no boats...

There are some cool boats coming up here. But I think I’d be looking for something at least 26ft waterline. Preferably longer. Every so often I see a one off or a good Nz boat on trademe, all set up with a ton of flash sails and all at a pretty sharp price. 

Where’s Eliphunk at? Nearly ready to go again?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rocky has to be great value (read “or near offer“ he’s bought another.) If cost of ownership is an issue then get someone to go halves or thirds ?

In modern naval terms, a boat is a vessel small enough to be carried aboard a ship. 

I'm pleased to see your daughter must take after her mother. 5 bikes 8 beefs 46 dairy ladies and yes I'm a yachtie so that tight I have the bare minimum warp of 60m. Which mea

Posted Images

23 hours ago, Fish said:

How many boats do you own KM, not counting dinghie's? Just curious (not having a dig, there just seems to be a prevalence of multiple boat owning people about all of a sudden.

I have 3 motorbikes more than I have boats, not counting dingys

I have 3 more beefs running around the farm than I have motorbikes.

I have 38 more dairy ladies on the farm than I have beefs.

I have 14 more meters in my Cat 1 primary anchor warp than I have than the total number dairy ladies.

How many boats have I got?

None of my boats are on Trade Me or for sale...unless someone wants to make a silly offer. Just so happens I know Zilch, the 747 on TM, and her owner who is, as you gathered, a multiple boat owner. He's in the same spot as Booboo in going shopping before they went selling :)

I purchased one of mine purely to stop someone who is collecting boats of significance but then murdering them dead. I wasn't going to let them kill another.

21 hours ago, KM... said:

I have 3 motorbikes more than I have boats, not counting dingys

I have 3 more beefs running around the farm than I have motorbikes.

I have 38 more dairy ladies on the farm than I have beefs.

I have 14 more meters in my Cat 1 primary anchor warp than I have than the total number dairy ladies.

How many boats have I got?

My 7 1/2 yr old says you have 2 boats and 5 motorbikes. And that you are a bit silly (I promised I didn't get her to say that ;-) )

She was off school today, and needed a math problem to do...

That is all based on a 60 m anchor warp. I am assuming you are tight and even though you have anchor warp up the wazzo at work, you have gone bare minimum on your boat.

I'm pleased to see your daughter must take after her mother.

5 bikes

8 beefs

46 dairy ladies

and yes I'm a yachtie so that tight I have the bare minimum warp of 60m.

Which means I do indeed have 2 boats.

Well done Micro Mrs Fish..... or a cunning smokescreen by her dad ;)

20 hours ago, harrytom said:

zilch was at pybc"Haslip boys" sold and brought y88 "Babe"

That's the one. She's done a few miles now in many hands and looks to be doing so for a long while to come. Something we won't be saying about the tupperware being built today.

Late to the party as always, but here's my tiny spoke...

Something you can take home to work on is very useful - as long as you have a big enough car, and big enough lawn. No antifoul or mooring costs either. One downside to trailer boats tho, is people can tell if you're out, so maybe not great if you live in a dodgy area.

There is a small fleet (4-5 on average) of Noelex 22's racing in Auckland, presently at Manukau YMBC with the Hartley 16's and 12 foot skiffs. They're all heading to a Waikato duck pond this weekend, which is something you  just can't do easily in a keelboat. Still a big class nationally.

Oh, and I have to say a big THANK YOU to KM, as I've found out he is sponsoring the Ngaroto Sprint Regatta this weekend. Chains, Ropes and Anchors, we thank you.

N22 gear is light, typically the same as big dinghies or small cats.

Upwind in a breeze, from my ancient databanks, they are faster than a Piedy. Downhill and in the light stuff, they're a wee bit undercanvassed. Not slow, but not as quick as some.

I still think they're a great yacht, raceable, cruisable, trailable, affordable. That's why I bought another one.