Yacht started at $1 reserve.

wheels

Congrats on the purchase, it appears from what you say the yacht is far more on the level than the impression the listing gave.

Most of the criticism here and on the listing was about the method of sale, and potential buyers/tyre kickers were put off.

You don't have to buy/sell much on TM to know that the buyers in an auction very rarely post questions.

Are you bring it down to Welly?

Hi Slacko

Thanks for the congrats - she'll be in Auckland for a while until I've got comfortable with the set-up and any immediate fix ups. Probably head south in Jan/Feb if I can get a suitable berth in Welly.

I figure she'll make a good strait/sounds boat, so could end up Waikawa if not here.

Well done Knoll 2. Sounds like you got a great deal there. Ballsy stuff bidding sight unseen, but you did a bit of background checking and ran with it. Good on ya. I hope it all works well for you, and you don't find those "majors".

Not sure what you're on about with the demographic thing. Too cryptic for this kid. Are you trying to say that you live frugally so you can afford purchases like this? If so, again, good onya!! I don't think you will find too many wealthy (dollar wise) people on here, so you will be in good company!!

Nice to hear from the purchaser, we were all wondering what the story behind it would be.

Please keep us posted on things and who knows you might find a gaggle of volunteers from here to help you 'christen' her with a few bottles of Mt Gay before you head south - a boat that size has to be a v sociable platform!

I was talking with the boatbuilder who did the interior. PM me if you want his name. Anyway he even considered buying it himself and taking off. Said it was a great boat when new.

Archived