Jump to content

Especially for KM: Covid-19 - NZ named the best place to be as coronavirus stalks the globe


Recommended Posts

This has to be worthy of a chain regalvanizing party at KM's CRA...steaks, beers, and a full voiced ode to Geezinta's handling of the pandemic!

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/industries/123507671/covid19-nz-named-the-best-place-to-be-as-coronavirus-stalks-the-globe#comments

Wear your mask it taking public transport.

Link to post
Share on other sites

NZ is voted to be the best at everything by randoms about every 10 minutes.

The facts are many other countries have had less deaths without a world leading amount of borrowing and damage to the economy. Some of those countries are less then 1mm from China and don't have 1000km wide moats. but then they have PM's who govern for their country not as a job interview for the UN.

Besides everyone knows Helen Clarke is still pulling the strings.

Regalvanise your chain.... NZ was voted the worst country to to that in but it was voted the best to be able to but new stuff ;) Coincidently i was pricing up a bit of a chain game changer due in a few weeks and when considering the price I did bring re-galvanising costs in as a competitor. Still not quite sure what to do there, make it better then regalvanising and in doing so create waste or lift the price so used gets used until it's worn out rather than 'just doesn't look pretty any more', which is why quite a few people buy new. They tend to be mostly just JA's rich union mates, the ones that take money from the poor working class to fund their and the labour partys senior members rather luxurious life styles. Or the becoming even more uber rich literally by the minute property owners JA is throwing money at to ensure inequality grows just as fast.

Shame about all those living in poverty, under bridges and so on, now she has got their vote she's cast them aside as unworthy of her consideration.

Public transport????, sorry dude I live in Auckland so have no idea what that is.

U started it ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Zozza said:

This has to be worthy of a chain regalvanizing party at KM's CRA...steaks, beers, and a full voiced ode to Geezinta's handling of the pandemic!

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/industries/123507671/covid19-nz-named-the-best-place-to-be-as-coronavirus-stalks-the-globe#comments

Wear your mask it taking public transport.

HaHa wear your mask.Yeah right the bus that goes past here every 1/2 hr no mask on driver nor sole passenger.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, KM... said:

NZ is voted to be the best at everything by randoms about every 10 minutes.

The facts are many other countries have had less deaths without a world leading amount of borrowing and damage to the economy. Some of those countries are less then 1mm from China and don't have 1000km wide moats. but then they have PM's who govern for their country not as a job interview for the UN.

Besides everyone knows Helen Clarke is still pulling the strings.

Regalvanise your chain.... NZ was voted the worst country to to that in but it was voted the best to be able to but new stuff ;) Coincidently i was pricing up a bit of a chain game changer due in a few weeks and when considering the price I did bring re-galvanising costs in as a competitor. Still not quite sure what to do there, make it better then regalvanising and in doing so create waste or lift the price so used gets used until it's worn out rather than 'just doesn't look pretty any more', which is why quite a few people buy new. They tend to be mostly just JA's rich union mates, the ones that take money from the poor working class to fund their and the labour partys senior members rather luxurious life styles. Or the becoming even more uber rich literally by the minute property owners JA is throwing money at to ensure inequality grows just as fast.

Shame about all those living in poverty, under bridges and so on, now she has got their vote she's cast them aside as unworthy of her consideration.

Public transport????, sorry dude I live in Auckland so have no idea what that is.

U started it ;)

Ah, well, import some Cromox duplex stainless chain - polished to boot.   Horrendously expensive, but goodbye regalvanizing, and don't worry about bringing up mud with that slippery chain.  

What's not to like (apart from a higher mortgage to afford to buy it than an Auckland new home buyer)

Link to post
Share on other sites

You all seem to forget that the USA was also supposed to be the country best ready for a pandemic.

I suppose the bunch that came up with that have moved on to their next well paid government consultancy job.

Make your own mind up, there are plenty of experts being proven wrong every day. 

When i was into skiing and mountaineering it was mostly "experts" that ended up dead.

Link to post
Share on other sites

A year or 3 ago at Norsand I looked at some stainless chain (Italian, I think) every weld was seriously pitted. A disaster just awaiting to happen. The owner replaced it with galv from CRA. Admittedly it was around 5 years old and had been used from Europe to NZ. Once the boat got back to Europe, 1/2 on its own bottom, the rest on a freighter he bought another length of SS chain as the galv looked too "cheap"! Sometimes appearances are more important to some that their own safety.

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Steve Pope said:

A year or 3 ago at Norsand I looked at some stainless chain (Italian, I think) every weld was seriously pitted. A disaster just awaiting to happen. The owner replaced it with galv from CRA. Admittedly it was around 5 years old and had been used from Europe to NZ. Once the boat got back to Europe, 1/2 on its own bottom, the rest on a freighter he bought another length of SS chain as the galv looked too "cheap"! Sometimes appearances are more important to some that their own safety.

Their is crap stainless anchor chain, and then there is the best, cromox duplex.  If I could afford it, I would have it over galvanized any day and on Sunday too..

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Cromox is very top end and it costs accordingly but we do sell a surprising amount of it.

But when playing in that end of the game you have to be very very cautious abut what you're buying. There is a mob selling 'german G50 SS' which is made in china and dissolves in warm saltwater.  We've replaced a length that was used on a boat to come from the Med to NZ via a few months in the tropics, it was 7-8 months old and beyind buggered. We replaced it with genuine Cromex G60. It's all about the steel and when around warm saline 316 is one to keep well clear of.

15 hours ago, BOIGuy said:

You all seem to forget that the USA was also supposed to be the country best ready for a pandemic.

More media talking sh*t I think BOIG. The asian countries have proven far better prepared as they got a massive fright when the Bird Flu popped up. I was listening to the Taiwanese Minister the other day who was responding to our Governments statement Taiwan is a communist state, the Taiwanese Minister disagreed strongly, and he went on to say after the last scare they had plans in place. One impressive bit was they ramped up face mask production from 1,000,000 per day to 20,000,000 inside 2 weeks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

NZ was voted the most favourite destination for UK travellers for April 2020. I assume they must have surveyed the 2 freedom campers stuck here as we were all in countrywide detention.

NZ was also voted the best country in the world to see a Kakapo.

NZ was also voted the best country in the world to see a Hobbit. This true for me, I employ one.

NZ was also voted the best country if you'd like to murder a child with no repercussions.

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...