Saint Stefan

Hi im looking for information on the yacht Saint Stefan, built by compass yachts a williams 33,

According to the race plaque that was on the bulkhead (Auckland to Mooloolaba 1985; second place)she is called Saint Stefan.

She was owned and raced by James Barry Hunter. Auckland to Mooloolaba was a tough race. she has done plenty of NM in her time.

Any info would be great thanks

17 hours ago, chariot said:

I thought the Harmonic was a 24 ftr

There was a Harmonic 33.  The only thing it had in common with the 24 was that it was built for and marketed by Compass Yachts.  I don't think many were built.  

I remember Saint Stefan but like Wiakiore I thought she was a C&C although I seem to recall the coachroof was a little different from the standard C&C 33.

Fading memories.

On 14/12/2020 at 1:40 PM, Denc123 said:

Hi im looking for information on the yacht Saint Stefan, built by compass yachts a williams 33,

According to the race plaque that was on the bulkhead (Auckland to Mooloolaba 1985; second place)she is called Saint Stefan.

She was owned and raced by James Barry Hunter. Auckland to Mooloolaba was a tough race. she has done plenty of NM in her time.

Any info would be great thanks

This is her.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/boats-marine/yachts/keeler/listing/2894170053?bof=s8Jq6Auo

under q/a

I did a race Auckland/Apia  on Nutcracker a sister ship in 1981 Thought they were a bit tender. I understand there was 3 ,built the first one went to Tasmania  if I remember  correctly  Jack Williams designed them as a rating boat of the time