Lotus 9.5 info

I am looking at a Lotus 9.5 that is on the market in the USA at the moment.  Unfortunately, I reside in Canada so I am unable to inspect the vessel due to border restrictions during this COVID thing.

So, I am wondering if someone can provide me with some rig dimensions since I can’t seem to find any on the internet.  Sailboatdata has a fair amount of info, but none with regards to the rig.

Specifically, I would like to know what the I, J, P, & E are.  Any other rig details that can be provided would be much appreciated.  The boat in question has a Selden label on the mast and I’m not sure if they were around building spars in the 1980’s. So if the mast is not OEM, then I suppose it’s possible the rig dimensions were changed as well, although I doubt it.

Any further info you can provide about the boat in general would be a valuable asset as well.

Do you have a link to the boat? The lotus 950 was an evolution of the 9.2 and there are some that are a bit of a mix (9.2s with 30cm added to the hull which people call 9.5s etc), the 950 had a taller rig. 

Might help someone determine your measurements if you can confirm more info about the boat? Even if you can advise whether it's a single spreader masthead rig or the twin spreader version. 

14 hours ago, raz88 said:

Do you have a link to the boat? The lotus 950 was an evolution of the 9.2 and there are some that are a bit of a mix (9.2s with 30cm added to the hull which people call 9.5s etc), the 950 had a taller rig. 

Might help someone determine your measurements if you can confirm more info about the boat? Even if you can advise whether it's a single spreader masthead rig or the twin spreader version. 

The only links I have are from Sailboatdata: https://sailboatdata.com/sailboat/lotus-95 and the link posted above.

Definitely double spreader rig.  The advert is here: https://www.popyachts.com/racing-sailboats-for-sale/lotus-95-31-in-san-pedro-california-228374

Very inexpensive, but no working engine and looks like the saildrive leg will need replacement at a minimum.  The boat needs a whole lot of work.  Most likely one of those free is too much deals. 

It only has a couple of sails apparently and I would guess they are well used or completely toast.  I have some excellent sails from my previous boat, which If they can be made to work on this boat may make buying this boat make a bit more sense.  This is the reason I am inquiring about the rig dimensions.

3 hours ago, Sudden5869 said:

Go to http://phrf.yachtingnz.org.nz/export-options

Download measurements and look for a Lotus 950.... there is one with current measurements.  "Wright One" 

Was just on another Lotus 950 a week ago (Visual Progress).  NZ built and original rig.  It also runs a Selden Rig. 

Thank you.  That was exactly what I was looking for.  Jib/spin hoist is a couple of feet more and mainsail hoist is a foot less than I was hoping for - so I don't think my existing sails are going to work on it.