Reprovisioning at BOI.

I have to pick up the family and reprovision, water etc on 13th January.  
what’s the best way to do this?  The marina says they’re fully booked. 

Is there a temporary berth/wharf nearby?  

Perhaps someone has a 10 or 12 m berth I could borrow for an afternoon at Opua on 13th January?

Pork Chop draws 2.5m

ta

Countdown Super market over by the Waitangi bridge there is a wharf you can tie up to. I have tied up there several times over the years, should be ok near the top of the tide, (but do check) If you need lots of (heavy stuff) take young helpers with strong arms as it is a bit of a walk.

To do shopping, Paihia has supermarkets where as Opua has only the general store.So can anchor off Paihia, or go on a jetty(water is the finger at the end near Waitangi)but you wont loiter.Opua- you can go on the yacht club pontoon and get water(a levy $5-$10, )and there is booking book in clubhouse. So someone may have already booked half of the pontoon(meant to be able to get 2 boats on.)

If you need a lot of stuff at good prices, then go to the Countdown at Waitangi. It is a proper supermarket.

If you need a few things and don't mind the price, then the Opua General store, Paihia mini-Countdown, Paihia Four Square, or Russell Four Square will do.

19 hours ago, vic008 said:

To do shopping, Paihia has supermarkets where as Opua has only the general store.So can anchor off Paihia, or go on a jetty(water is the finger at the end near Waitangi)but you wont loiter.Opua- you can go on the yacht club pontoon and get water(a levy $5-$10, )and there is booking book in clubhouse. So someone may have already booked half of the pontoon(meant to be able to get 2 boats on.)

Cheers for this. Probably didn’t make it clear that main thing is being able to get alongside somewhere as the girls will have, well, a LOT of stuff and our tender is a Takacat which is a bit damp for ferrying sleeping bags etc. 

I’ll get in touch with the yacht club  I didn’t know about this.

4 hours ago, BOIGuy said:

There is a public dock on the inside of Opua main wharf, hardly ever see anyone on it, you can get quite a big yacht in there.

Do you mean between the old store takeaways and the general store?  And you can get ashore (and back again obviously)? Sounds like a good option.

7 hours ago, Addem said:

Do you mean between the old store takeaways and the general store?  And you can get ashore (and back again obviously)? Sounds like a good option.

Yes, it's basically the first part of the charter wharf before the gate. 

I find, in the wonderful world of boating,that if nobody else goes somewhere,then I wont either. Generally a damn good reason for it,and pray I wont be finding it.

ie, have never seen a vessel in there.

On 25/12/2020 at 1:33 PM, vic008 said:

I find, in the wonderful world of boating,that if nobody else goes somewhere,then I wont either. Generally a damn good reason for it,and pray I wont be finding it.

ie, have never seen a vessel in there.

I’ll give it a go and let you know so that we can establish a new practice.