Navico wifi gofree

Bought and installed three +~years ago and used to update firmware. A week or two ago tried to mirror mfd and it wouldn’t work. Wanted to steer boat from bow and have depth an chart on phone. Rarely used feature but pissed me off because  it only occasionally worked.So I tried to resolve including factory reset- no go.

phone sees the wifigofree but mfd doesn’t list wifigofree as a device, only four devices with wifi gofree suffix, ie navigation, pilot,gps & a coupla others which I forget with the “this device” parentheses.

ok, so last resort I deleted the link app on iPhone and reinstalled in case corrupted. Made no difference once I got link app working.

Bit like the Balmar sg200, preferring alternate “facts” to reality, all flash whiz bang /marketing for a below par item “game changer.”Told them I preferred there V0.00 firmware.

Rant = off.

Sorry, but this is not the gear. The wifi 1 is a wifi device,  and never shows on the MFD device list,  as that is what's on the NMEA 2000 network only.

However, you should see it on the wifi connections under system.

There have been some issues with the wifi 1 units bricking (locking up and not able to connect) depending on SW versions. 

Also it's not possible to control an autopilot from the remote screen, and this is by design, so that if a kid picks up the tablet, they cant crash the boat!

If you have an new version of the remote software on the tablet, and an older one on The wifi-1 , you may not be able to connect.  The device will have to be returned to navico for a refresh, which they will do for free. 

If you are still having trouble,  call Navico tech support - free.

Ok, thanks. 
The AP is via BT/ pilot remote and has always worked perfectly. Just wanted the chart/depth for cross reference.

Just lamenting stuff I bought that wasn’t market ready or had inherent flaws and sketchy support.

On 10/01/2021 at 5:52 PM, Island Time said:

Sorry, but this is not the gear. The wifi 1 is a wifi device,  and never shows on the MFD device list,  as that is what's on the NMEA 2000 network only.

However, you should see it on the wifi connections under system.

There have been some issues with the wifi 1 units bricking (locking up and not able to connect) depending on SW versions. 

If you have an new version of the remote software on the tablet, and an older one on The wifi-1 , you may not be able to connect.  The device will have to be returned to navico for a refresh, which they will do for free. 

If you are still having trouble,  call Navico tech support - free.

Called Navico support and they said they have had this reported and there is no current resolution.

Mfd sees wifi 1

phone sees wifi one- connected

remote button solid (not greyed out)

error message when tapped

Link app for evo "2" series support discontinued......

New app only works with "3" series.

Going to try with another iphone in case its the phone.

Ok. When I get back to work next week I'll have a look at the status of the patch. Do you have a case number?

Another thing worth trying would be a hard reset on the wifi-1. 

The reset button is under the hard rubber bung by the other connectors.

They haven’t yet sent me a case number. I’ll pm it when received.

According to them the link app no longer works for mirroring the zeus2.

SW development team currently working on it.

Internet connectivity is still there, on mine anyways.

Guess you rattled their chain early Matt?

Big things coming in software for" legacy" devices I just got told by someone that sounded informed.

And in PR recovery mode. Nice to get personal attention.

Hope their word is better than Balmar.

Good to hear someone is happy with Navico "support".  My issue - DSC calls from my plotter - got a "I'll talk to the manual writer".  Basically after spending lots of cash, I discovered that the features described in the manual don't actually work..... 

5 hours ago, Dtwo said:

Good to hear someone is happy with Navico "support".  My issue - DSC calls from my plotter - got a "I'll talk to the manual writer".  Basically after spending lots of cash, I discovered that the features described in the manual don't actually work..... 

Please explain what it is you are trying to achieve,  incl makes/models of equipment,  and I'll see what I can do...

Yes, lateral, I made some "enquiries". Your call has been reopened, and the world service manager is now envolved.... I'm sure we will both now be kept informed. :-)

19 hours ago, Dtwo said:

I never understood why DSC calling was not in NZ if we have AIS.

What is a DSC call from your plotter?

Do both need implementation of shorebased hardware to operate that NZ doesn't want to fund?