prada cup, when we know which course...

The best days of AC were when it was actual match racing.  The move to ultra-high performance craft has shifted the skill too far toward hte technology, and away from the sailing.

Bring back the days of close-encounter tacking duels and tests of endurance at observable speed.

And this as a non-sailor then and only slightly less-so now.

• Like 1

Out on stakeboat duty last two days and again tomorrow 

Chill guys and gals

When they drop off the foils they are still as faster than most keelers 

But At 8kts of wind the are doing 30+

think of it like a F1 car in the pit lane, they look stupid, but suddenly their off at 30 to 40+

Who would have thought just a few years ago you could sail at 4x wind speed

I loved the racing yesterday - at speed technology was it, when the breeze was patchy the ability to use those mark 1 eyeballs to find the best breeze came into play. All that fast, slow, stop, go unpredictability is great as far as I am concerned. I will watch it all. 

Yes after the trip to town it dawned on me.The days of close racing even though the 12 m were slow was all us old fellas knew/brought up on. Somehow its turned to development/technology class and more suited to the young generation who missed the glory days of yachting as I knew it.

Gone of the days of AC vessels surrounded in secrecy even when there was nothing to hide.Its all out in the open,well most of it is.

the cheap 12mtr class was a short aberration in the looooong history of the AC

if it survives into the future there may be more cheap classes

but for the last 20? years have been loving the techno battle and all the "trickle-down"

hahahahahahaha

25 minutes ago, Deep Purple said:

The trickle being to creditors when production boats go broke trying to incorporate the current americas cup technology. Gunboat foiler anyone? No... didn't think so either

beg/borrow/steal one for coastal classic??