Mahurangi regatta

It's on Anniversary weekend. There is a race up on the Friday night.

Main day is Saturday 30 Jan. There are various events in the morning at Sullivans Bay (kayaks, dinghies, launches etc). Classic keel yachts race from 1pm.  Band plays at Scotts Landing 6pm - 11pm. BYO food and drink.

Race back to Auckland Sunday 10:30.

1 hour ago, KM... said:

and unkeeled thank you Elly.

Not all of us are rich enough to afford extravagant luxuries like a keel ;)

Gee KM, we know its taking a while to finish off the reptile, but surely you'd want to put the keel on it before trying to race it again?

• Like 1
On 23/01/2021 at 10:42 AM, KM... said:

Last 22' head to head they crossed the line L, PP, L, PP, L, PP.

Twas fun and we need to do it again as I was telling an ex L and newish PP owner only last evening. 

Wait, this was a thing?

If you do it again, I can think of another 22 class that could muster up a fleet. 

From memory, not a million miles away performance wise either.

I guess you are asking on behalf of another vessel as ply boats will never be allowed!  

However modern classics are 1949-1970, built in wood using traditional methods. e.g. Stewarts, Townsons, etc.

The big issue for KM is whether he has enough lubricant on board to oil mullet boat muscles that have not been used for 25 years -his ring in crew for the Saturday race, professionals ex Lipton winners ...Year 100 has brought them all back

Apparently KM needed a bit more "get it up" as I saw him going the wrong way at North Head at about 6 on friday and those keen old Mullet wranglers were crying on Saturday about having no boat to race . Well done to Martin for showing the way on Orion and coming to the party after