Noelex 22 centreboard pin maintenance

Hi, the centreboard pin has pulled out from one half of the casing on my Noelex 22 so I'm going to reinstall and secure. I was wondering if I should grease the pin perhaps with some marine grease. I'm not sure what seals are in place in the centreboard casing so thought I would check. Is there anything else I should do while I'm at it?

Cheers

IMG_20201225_191823.jpg

Pulled the plate out of a Marten Noelex a few times, I don't remember there being anything special around the pin. Honestly can't remember how we got it in or out these days, but I know it was a hella heavy once it hit the floor!

If you have the boat "lifted" I'd be checking the entire centreboard, I can remember one of the Auckland Marten boats had the board crack, then the steel insides rusted and expanded, jamming it solid in the case.

That boat (Spasmodic) later underwent a major refit, including a daggerboard conversion, and is still racing today. Funnily enough it's the boat that brought me back to the class, as a mate bought her a couple of years back.

I'll send you a dm.

spas1.jpg

Yes I used some timber, chains and a car jack to build a crane on the centreboard housing so I could manoeuvre the plate and realign the holes to put the pub back through. Took a few hours on the anchor with the boat wobbling about and my head down but got it done. She's on the trailer now so much easier.