LPG, Butane to be phased out?

Appreciate your in-depth analysis of govt policy and party mechanics and decision making process. Politics is a contact sport, and like this discussion over the phasing out of gas there are many points of view but ultimately a stake is put in the ground in the form of a proposal and through the parliamentary process for good or bad it gets refined into law if the support is there. 

You have to be involved or someone else will do it for you or to you, voting is not about perfection but pragmatism- the lesser of two evils often times but not always. The current govt was given a mandate because they did an excellent job managing the pandemic and displayed the kind of leadership that we have not seen for a long time. 

Does that mean they are perfect or represent in all respects my personal views for example? Come on, we are not 2 years old anymore.

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Appreciate your in-depth analysis of govt policy and party mechanics and decision making process. Politics is a contact sport, and like this discussion over the phasing out of gas there are many point

I'm astonished that there are still people here arguing that CC is not real or that one needs to "believe" in it or "not believe". CC is a fact. That CC is caused by us humans is also a fact. Not

The Generator/Charger in the Pic is in the Oz outback. I can't remember how I came across this, but when it first appeared a few years back, I made a comment about it. I ended up in a...errrr....

Posted Images

but it is about policy gas and the underlying climate change agenda, the politics is the process and yes Wheels you took it there along with KM. There is a pattern here in virtually all the thread if they go on long enough, eventually the govt gets dragged in and worlds like “snowflake” etc start getting used and posters start getting attacked for imagined political differences. As soon as JA gets a mention we know it’s turning to custard. Its the crew version of Godwin’s law. So dont come the raw prawn and drop a politics bomb and then  pretend you didnt.

21 hours ago, aardvarkash10 said:

REally?  Q-anon much?  Feel like rampaging through the Beehive?  Prepared to be shot in the face for it?

BTW. BD KITI - grey Falcon in West AKL this afternoon - you?

Grey Falcon, no not me.

Study history, and tell me what happens when the people get disenfranchised enough.

And please, save the q anon bullsh*t.

1 hour ago, Bad Kitty said:

Study history, and tell me what happens when the people get disenfranchised enough.

We had record enrolment and participation in the last election.  Of the vote, 91% of voters got representation in the house.

If anyone is disenfanchised, its a problem of about 9%, and spread reasonably evenly across a broad church of political opinion.

I'm not waiting with bated breath for the rabble to breach the ramparts,

2 hours ago, Bad Kitty said:

Grey Falcon, no not me.

And please, save the q anon bullsh*t.

Two questions, what people are you referring to and what side of that history are you planning to be on?

On 12/02/2021 at 6:38 PM, Tamure said:

Appreciate your in-depth analysis of govt policy and party mechanics and decision making process. Politics is a contact sport, and like this discussion over the phasing out of gas there are many points of view but ultimately a stake is put in the ground in the form of a proposal and through the parliamentary process for good or bad it gets refined into law if the support is there. 

You have to be involved or someone else will do it for you or to you, voting is not about perfection but pragmatism- the lesser of two evils often times but not always. The current govt was given a mandate because they did an excellent job managing the pandemic and displayed the kind of leadership that we have not seen for a long time. 

Does that mean they are perfect or represent in all respects my personal views for example? Come on, we are not 2 years old anymore.

This is one of the best posts I’ve read on crew. 

It points out an ugly truth about humanity. Many people want only what’s  best for them and fk all the rest. 
Some people are willing though, to see that there is a greater good. 
Yes I’ll give up my motorcycling and petrol headed ways even though I loved them dearly, because I’m  also able to see that they are not sustainable, and for the greater good, they will go. They went 20y ago. I will also give up my wood burner and gas bbq if I have to. Do I want to? Hell no! But I will because quite simply the science is pretty damn clear that they are not sustainable. And in exchange I will embrace the new technology that allows me to live a similar life. Can I  afford to? To be honest, I can’t, but I have to, and I’ll have to make cuts somewhere else. 

It’s about priorities, and I will put the priorities of this planet over my own. I will vote for what’s best for the planet and best for people overall and not what’s best for me personally or my religion. 

37 minutes ago, DrWatson said:

This is one of the best posts I’ve read on crew. 

It points out an ugly truth about humanity. Many people want only what’s  best for them and fk all the rest. 
Some people are willing though, to see that there is a greater good. 
Yes I’ll give up my motorcycling and petrol headed ways even though I loved them dearly, because I’m  also able to see that they are not sustainable, and for the greater good, they will go. They went 20y ago. I will also give up my wood burner and gas bbq if I have to. Do I want to? Hell no! But I will because quite simply the science is pretty damn clear that they are not sustainable. And in exchange I will embrace the new technology that allows me to live a similar life. Can I  afford to? To be honest, I can’t, but I have to, and I’ll have to make cuts somewhere else. 

It’s about priorities, and I will put the priorities of this planet over my own. I will vote for what’s best for the planet and best for people overall and not what’s best for me personally or my religion. 

Good on you for giving up motorbikes and your petrol headed ways includiding wood/gas bbqs.

Its only a feel good thing for you and many others.But sorry I will not/cannot follow giving up the things I enjoy.When Big polluting industry ceases then and only then will I change my ways.Selfish??maybe .But if you and any else wants to make an impact do not buy goods from those countries/Businesses that carry on spewing tonnes of toxins every day.

If the government was really serious about EV vehicles etc They should put a buy back scheme in place(remember the gun buy back and people are still getting shot),as they allowed such items to be purchased,+ a subsidy to purchase new non polluting items.

Would love to know true cost of using renewable energy.Hydro electricity has an impact on the enviroment,not allowing the true flow of rivers etc which is way a lot our our waterways are silting up and has an effect on fresh water species,ie stops eels getting back to their natural place. Eels only leave the seclusion of rivers to bred and their off spring(no idea how)return back to where the place  where the adults have left.

4 minutes ago, harrytom said:

Good on you for giving up motorbikes and your petrol headed ways includiding wood/gas bbqs.

Its only a feel good thing for you and many others.But sorry I will not/cannot follow giving up the things I enjoy.When Big polluting industry ceases then and only then will I change my ways.Selfish??maybe .But if you and any else wants to make an impact do not buy goods from those countries/Businesses that carry on spewing tonnes of toxins every day.

If the government was really serious about EV vehicles etc They should put a buy back scheme in place(remember the gun buy back and people are still getting shot),as they allowed such items to be purchased,+ a subsidy to purchase new non polluting items.

Would love to know true cost of using renewable energy.Hydro electricity has an impact on the enviroment,not allowing the true flow of rivers etc which is way a lot our our waterways are silting up and has an effect on fresh water species,ie stops eels getting back to their natural place. Eels only leave the seclusion of rivers to bred and their off spring(no idea how)return back to where the place  where the adults have left.

There are more people being shot at now than before the "buy back" Re-the photos of guns taken from the mob and drug industry, It is never mentioned whether any of the people they were confiscated from "had or didn't have" a gun license.

The NZ power supply will not be able to supply the power needed if we all switched to EV's, another thing awaiting in the wings is the escalating charges that will come into play once the EV fleet reaches a certain size. They will probably equal what is currently being spent on ICE's.