LPG, Butane to be phased out?

30 minutes ago, erice said:

there's wet snow -1Cish

and dry snow -10C-ish

wet snow is dense and can melt + refreeze as solid chunks of heavy ice that messes badly with moving objects, especially aerofoils like wings and props

while dry snow is low density, light and powdery and just falls away...

am guessing texas got the wet snow

You got it eric

I'm guessing you ski at Ruapehu!

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Appreciate your in-depth analysis of govt policy and party mechanics and decision making process. Politics is a contact sport, and like this discussion over the phasing out of gas there are many point

I'm astonished that there are still people here arguing that CC is not real or that one needs to "believe" in it or "not believe". CC is a fact. That CC is caused by us humans is also a fact. Not

Thats the most ludicrous unsupportable muppet like post in the entire thread, well done you planet f**king whackjob. Before you or any of the other snowflakes start vomiting your fake indignation

Posted Images

so three weeks into the "Consultation Period" the commission is dragging the chain on releasing the data used to come up with its economic analysis

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/kate-macnamara-storm-brewing-for-the-climate-change-commission/6OVJB5VCNE5KWFSGBSDRC7OOHE/

https://www.kiwiblog.co.nz/2021/02/climate_commission_must_release_economic_modelling_data.html

what are they hiding?

27 minutes ago, aardvarkash10 said:

No it does not, only some of the inputs

2. Macroeconomic modelling results and dataset

C-PLAN model results summary.pdf: a slide deck from our modelling consultants introducing the Commission’s C-PLAN model and summarising the results we drew on for our draft advice.

C-PLAN results dataset for 2021 draft advice.xlsx: contains results (and some inputs) from the C-PLAN model that we drew on in our draft advice.

ahem.

The underlying data is in the excel spreadsheets you have (possibly mistakenly) omitted to include.

The results of expert reviews on the modelling is also included on the webpage I linked, and this seems to be missing from your post.

Not sure why.

For clarity, here it is.

SUPPLEMENTARY DATA AND INFORMATION

Data and modelling 

1. Draft advice report charts data and scenarios dataset

2021 draft advice report charts and data.xlsx: contains the underlying data for all of the figures in the Commission’s 2021 Draft Advice report.

2021 draft advice scenarios dataset.xlsx: contains further data for our proposed path to 2035 and the other scenarios featured in our draft advice and evidence reports, for those who want to dive deeper into the numbers.

2. Macroeconomic modelling results and dataset

C-PLAN model results summary.pdf: a slide deck from our modelling consultants introducing the Commission’s C-PLAN model and summarising the results we drew on for our draft advice.

C-PLAN results dataset for 2021 draft advice.xlsx: contains results (and some inputs) from the C-PLAN model that we drew on in our draft advice.

Please note that:

• The C-PLAN modelling was undertaken before the most recent update to government agencies’ greenhouse gas emissions projections, and drew mainly on projections from 2019. For this and other reasons, the current policy reference case in the C-PLAN modelling exercise differs to that in our bottom-up scenarios provided above.
  • This modelling was also undertaken before the Commission's path to 2035 was determined, and none of the model runs align directly with our proposed path or emissions budget recommendations. In our advice, we have used transition paths 3 and 4 to provide a range for the potential impacts associated with our path and budgets.
  • Where the term "carbon prices" is used in the results summary, this refers to modelled emissions values and does not represent prices in the existing ETS scheme.

3. Expert review of our modelling

Our proposed emissions budgets use evidence from economic models. Experts from Aotearoa and around the world have reviewed these models and agreed that they are high quality and up for the job.

The experts said that they were “impressed by both the scope and detail of the modelling efforts, and believe that these provide a robust quantitative framework to support ambitious climate policy proposals for Aotearoa”. Our economy wide model C-PLAN was also described as being ‘best in class’.

The reviews give us confidence that our models help us to produce the best possible evidence to support our proposed emissions budgets. The reviews can be accessed here:

Weitzel Vandyck Model Review.pdf 

Daigneault Model Review.pdf

Stroombergen Model Review Part 1.pdf

Stroombergen Model Review Part 2.pdf

Hafstead Model Review Part 1.pdf

Hafstead Model Review Part 2.pdf

Having a suss of the report for as long as it didn't become just a marketing exercise, which was only 2 chapters and that was pushing it, I see they seem to base most on selected parts from the many IPCC reports, economists and some Maori watching Pohutukawa trees. The report is 'on trend' and contains nothing new.

I was dismayed to see CO2 will kill all the plants only a week after I brought a CO2 generator on advice of one of NZ's top horticulturists. Damn, after sussing that report it seems I should have been seeking tree growing advice from Shambles Eaqub, the economist, instead.

f*ck 400pmm, that's for pussies, I'm going for 1400pmm, I like plants and that will increased their growth and output considerably.