Damn!!

2 hours ago, waikiore said:

For the Y88  2 blade geared folder (no drag at all sailing) $2075.00 plus gst delivery 10 days

Or 3 blade geared folder  $3990.00 plus gst  (better reverse and in adverse conditions) 

any questions 021 703718

Thanks for that.

I have a kiwi prop on a yanmar 30 with sail drive, when it starts to labour the motor going into reverse it is time to grease the prop, the center hub doesn’t like to get dry, usually after  about 8months operation it needs a grease, 5 min job during a lift and wash, otherwise no issues, prop is approx 10 years old and still going well

• Upvote 1

Yanmar 3GM with Kiwiprop. Had two blade Briski with HUGE propwalk on Yanmar saildrive. NO propwalk with kiwiprop, not loss of power compared to two blader, no drag when sailing. I'm very pleased with it, it is the second I have put on a boat, and even with a Yanmar 2GM on the last boat it worked well.

On 9/02/2021 at 11:43 PM, Fogg said:

I’ve had Gori and Volvo both with issues. My latest Maxprop has impressed me - lots of bite fwd and reverse and minimal propwalk.

Maxprop seems pretty good and there customer service is outstanding. Have done a live video with them when diagnosing a prop issue while boat was in cradle. (and that was 20 years after they sold me the prop)

On 14/02/2021 at 10:15 PM, alibaba said:

Yanmar 3GM with Kiwiprop. Had two blade Briski with HUGE propwalk on Yanmar saildrive. NO propwalk with kiwiprop, not loss of power compared to two blader, no drag when sailing. I'm very pleased with it, it is the second I have put on a boat, and even with a Yanmar 2GM on the last boat it worked well.

You make it sound as if propwalk is a bad thing.  On my boat it is absolutely desirable and about my only tool!

Yep - I likes a bit of prop walk too, which is what I had on my previous boat. However, it was so severe on this boat - Lotus 9.2 - transom rudder even, that it would NOT go to port on reverse at all. Not great for getting out of the berth in some wind directions. That was a bit too much. NOw I only  have to worry about wind and tide.