Identify this prop

I don't know much about props.

This came with the boat, has been in storage ever since. 

not sure why it was removed ( fixed 3 bladed unit installed )

Appears to be a Gori? Cant see any markings on it other than "1" and "2" 

No idea how to identify pitch or model or whatever.

What is it worth to someone?

Cheers

20210216_162551.jpg

20210216_162601.jpg

20210216_162607.jpg

20210216_162658.jpg

If you polish up the body you may find the pitch and size stamped on it. The markings tend to get obscured easily.

The 1 and 2 tell you which blade to fit to which side of the prop. The blades will be stamped too.

Looks a lot like the old Gori I had on AC many years ago. Was ok in flat water but lost traction in a headwind and lacked bite in reverse - needed lots of revs to stop / reverse boat. I would say there are better options out there these days for folding / feathering props...

2 hours ago, DoT said:

If you polish up the body you may find the pitch and size stamped on it. The markings tend to get obscured easily.

The 1 and 2 tell you which blade to fit to which side of the prop. The blades will be stamped too.

thanks. yes found 1 and 2 on the blades. will see what ive got to clean it up a bit

Looks like my old Bri-Ski, they were made in NZ and are still in business just google Bri ski propellers NZ. I sold one the other day for $150 which cost me $1500 new, never had a problem with performance fwd or reverse.

Yes, it is definitely a Henley. It is the same as mine (fitted on a Chico 30 and driven by a Yanmar 2GM20). I got it refurbished by Henley (in Glenfield) a few years ago - not cheap but much cheaper than buying a new Gori. It works fine, maybe not as efficient as a fixed prop but obviously less drag when sailing.

If you do install it, you will need to use a stiff piece of steel flat bar to tighten the locking nut. Make sure this is tightened really well or else the prop might fall off when underway. This actually happened to us when reversing out of a marina berth - lucky place to be as easy / shallow to dive and retrieve it!

3 minutes ago, Sail Rock said:

Yes, it is definitely a Henley. It is the same as mine (fitted on a Chico 30 and driven by a Yanmar 2GM20).

Thanks Sail Rock, good to know what sorta boat its good for.

I'm not going to fit it to my boat.. , would you like a spare? make me an offer!

4 minutes ago, Winter said:

Thanks Sail Rock, good to know what sorta boat its good for.

I'm not going to fit it to my boat.. , would you like a spare? make me an offer!

Thanks but no thanks. I already have a spare fixed prop for emergencies.