new ac race dates set

1 hour ago, ex Elly said:

Correct.  A lot of Peter Lester's commentary is good, but he got that wrong. The shift came out of Cheltenham (the right), not Ngapipi (the left).

Yeah, wasn't listening to the TVNZ dribble but when I saw the comments about Hobson Bay and Ngapipi I wondered what the hell does that have to do with wind coming around the north side of North Head

The boundary seems to be a fast,you can use it to your advantage as did etnz just after the start yesterday,LR was forced to let them out but my way of thinking ,you got in to that position you work out how to get out of that situation.

Would of thought by deliberately sailing to the boundary and forcing LR to give room ,etnz should of coped a penalty. 

9 minutes ago, erice said:

Hope the racing starts on time, the viaduct is crazy with people and more keep squeezing in, falling over the people already here

Mate on the shore said they are moving marks

1 hour ago, harrytom said:

The boundary seems to be a fast,you can use it to your advantage as did etnz just after the start yesterday,LR was forced to let them out but my way of thinking ,you got in to that position you work out how to get out of that situation.

Would of thought by deliberately sailing to the boundary and forcing LR to give room ,etnz should of coped a penalty. 

It's just like any boundary/obstruction in our normal slow racing.  The boat closest to the obstruction is entitled to room to tack, the other boat can choose to tack or go behind them.  Rule 21 iirc??!?  And yes when normal slow racing you can still use this to your advantage.

Just FYI, the normal slow rules are upwind only and boat calling for room-to-tack must be close-hauled.  But for AC they have modified it to include downwind.

The obstruction can also be a 3rd boat on Starboard - making for some fun :-)

• Like 1