Anyone know where I can buy teak (or at least rot resistant wood)? Need 1.2m lengths, approx 30mmx20mm but exact measurements dont matter

as pictured. Need a few of these. Loving the way this one has lasted 20 years plus in rain, with no maintenance at all. Can anyone advise where I can buy them, preferably Auckland or Hamilton areas?

Cheers in advance 

20210314_084612.jpg

Rosenfeld and Kidson in Mt Wellington usually have teak https://rosenfeldkidson.co.nz/. prepare your wallet for a shock though as its damn expensive. I use Iroko when replacing old teak parts that are left to be weathered such as handrails etc, its more affordable and just as good for strength and durability in my experience.

I was in Belize a few years back where the coach driver pointed out a teak plantation, the trunks were maybe 100 mm in diameter at the most , he said they were panted when he was a child and he was 44 yrs old at the time. 

9 hours ago, Tamure said:

Sapele is fine, most tropical timbers seem to do ok. Iroko is heavy, Teak is good but soft (and spendy), Kauri is also good. treated Kaihikatea is fine, Oregon or Douglas fir is ok too. Lots of options, I cant quite work out that that stick is for it would help to know the application.

Kauri can handle outside with no treatment?

Meh. $55/m for teak seemed a bit steep, so I just machined some kwila decking at $8.99/m. Job done. Nice and chunky too so should last a while. 

Sometimes it pays to have a boat that isn't all that flash, as bodges like this work perfectly well 😅🤣😅

20210317_133115.jpg