Farr 1020 wanted

Hi does anyone have or know of a run down 1020 for sale? Not wanting to spend huge dollars on the purchase, just looking for a good project. Would also consider buying a half share with the intent on the next rni

Thanks 

10 minutes ago, Deep Purple said:

There's a fixer upper at HM Pascoe Boatbuilders in Whitianga. Don't know what they are doing with it but it's been there for years and no sign of action.

Definitely a project boat.

On 10/04/2021 at 8:04 PM, Oceanracing said:

Only the ones on trademe sorry, there's also this one if you have the budget https://westhavenmarinebrokers.co.nz/boat-info.php?id=97

Ouch! 89k! It was for sale late last year and advertised at 55k. I believe it did sell. 

Are you sure the westhaven marine brokers advert is current and not one from 10 years ago or something? I guess it is as the photos look near identical to the listing late last year. 

The market is strong but its hard to imagine anyone expecting their boat to nearly double in value in 6 months... 

These boats seem to hold their value, and unfortunately there doesn’t seem to be too much around in glass thats a good alternative. 

Just a waiting game!

Pretty hard to find a good one but if you find one grab it as you will never get a rough one up to the level of a good one for the difference in cost! I've seen a few for sale over the last year claiming to be the best example around yet I would consider them pretty rough.

While cruising around I have seen Nirvana and Mirage which both look really mint on the outside. I don't think they were ever raced and I've never been aboard so don't know much about them but figure they would be worth hunting down if after a good boat (but prob not for sale). Fourth Dimension used to be immaculate but on the heavy side (fine for cruising). Gizmo and Watermark are other boats I'd hunt for.

If possible you want one that has been repowered as original engines are long in the tooth and its an expensive exercise to change.

• Upvote 1

Thanks Cameron that's good info. Will try and track those down.  Was also thinking of calling Share Delight, but doubt its for sale yet. Apart from new engine, some of these boats need topsides repainted as well.

1 hour ago, waikiore said:

Unlikely that is a current listing as she went for almost half that and still has the ratty original engine, Camerons last line should be taken seriously.

Engine still going strong , no rats, this yacht was sold for over $50k, and included with sale were two spare Volvo engines ( a 2002 and a MD2030) , and a 120S Sail drive. 

1 hour ago, ex Elly said:

Thanks Cameron that's good info. Will try and track those down.  Was also thinking of calling Share Delight, but doubt its for sale yet. Apart from new engine, some of these boats need topsides repainted as well.

Share Delight has just put a new set of sails on so that won’t be for sale unless paying silly money... likewise Azure which has recently been repowered

Sorting topsides is easy! Vinyl wrap. You can do it 3-4 times for the cost of a paint job...

Cabin top is another issue... lots of work and time to paint... everything has to come off to do it properly... but you do tend to resolve any small water leak issues in the process!

Not a total project but my old boat rawhide is in tm. Better value than any of the cheaper ones there at the moment. PM if you want more details. 

you won’t buy share delight, azure or watermark at the moment but I have contact details for gizmo and a few others

I own Drums of Time.

Like every boat there's a list of things that need doing (replacing some tired gear and instruments) and a list of things that are done (engine, chasing leaks....).

I'm ambivalent about selling, but I don't get her out as much as she deserves. A new owner with a more willing family might be a good thing for the boat if not for me.

PM me if you're interested in taking a look.

Logan