Sheet winch identification

I have this non self tailing two speed sheet winch that lost its top cap. There are no identifying marks on any part of it - I’ve taken it completely apart. Any help identifying the make of winch and possibly from where a replacement cap could be obtained would be appreciated.

7D400088-8931-4374-8875-2DAA5645DC15.jpeg

4 hours ago, Island Time said:

Looks like an anderson - https://andersenwinches.com/aw/default.asp

Actually I reckon it is a Maxwell someone has messed with. The black base and the top securing cap look very Maxwell (I have 8 of them), then it looks like the top flange of the winch has been cut off in a lathe (no idea why that would be done) and those grooves machined using a milling machine.

If Sounds pulls it apart and checks whether it has the little dog clutches (for want of a better name) that were used by Maxwell, or spring loaded pawls used by everyone else will confirm or eliminate my suggestion

looks like maybe a chinese copy of an andersen, or a very old andersen? Best get a machine shop to make a cap in a lathe, tight fit, press it on when hot and it'll stay on forever. Custom mechanical engineering jobs like that are not as expensive as you might expect, probably cheaper than the spare part in the unlikely event it is available.

On 10/04/2021 at 4:25 PM, sounds12 said:

I have this non self tailing two speed sheet winch that lost its top cap. There are no identifying marks on any part of it - I’ve taken it completely apart. Any help identifying the make of winch and possibly from where a replacement cap could be obtained would be appreciated.

7D400088-8931-4374-8875-2DAA5645DC15.jpeg

These guys http://www.huttonwinches.com/products/service brought the Maxwell tooling and I from memory brought some spare jaws from them.

• Upvote 1

If it is a Maxwell - all the  parts for those are still available I think.

The contact for that is : Allen Hutton@Australian Yacht Winch Company.

email: winches@attglobal.net.

I have had dealings with him for the winches on my last boat and found him to be very helpful both as regards manuals and parts.

If it isn't a Maxwell, he may well know what it is.

• Upvote 1
21 hours ago, alibaba said:

If it is a Maxwell - all the  parts for those are still available I think.

The contact for that is : Allen Hutton@Australian Yacht Winch Company.

email: winches@attglobal.net.

I have had dealings with him for the winches on my last boat and found him to be very helpful both as regards manuals and parts.

If it isn't a Maxwell, he may well know what it is.

Hutton's have a very limited supply of components

http://www.arco-winches.com/products/spares

I do not believe they have large items such as drums. Whilst worth checking with Huttons, I think Sound's only realistic option will be to watch Trademe 

Photo is the guts of a Maxwell

20201227_111614.jpg