Possibly considering selling my 2GM20F and gearbox. Fitted approx 2007. 680hrs. New exhaust elbow 18ish months ago.

Can anyone give me an indication of its value?

If it is running fine, and people can come and see it running before you pull it out of the boat, you will be able to get a fair wedge for it.

There is a lot of demand for working engines that are cheaper than new engines, for people who's current engine has died, they need one otherwise their boat has no value, but can't afford / doesn't make economic sense to put a new engine in.

I sold a 35 yr old 37 hp engine & GB in good working order when we re-powered. I'll PM you the price.

^addtional to Fish, the Yanmar is a popular unit from a time when LOTS of yachts had them fitted.  Hence, there should be a ready market for people looking for it.  At 700-ish hours, its barely run in, so if it presents well and sounds ok running it should be worth good wedge.  I would look at something like 50% of new replacement value and see what happens.

As fish said. Sold mine before fitting new engine. Left it in the boat so could be veiwed and run in place. Didn't get a high price but better than nothing.

That was a 28hp Volvo.

Apparently a new 2ym15 + gearbox is around 14.5k. 

Unfortunately my boat is currently a long way from the ocean for sea trialling but I could offer some sort of rtb warranty.

The only reason I am thinking of selling is to downsize to a 1gm as the 2gm is a bit shoehorned into the little raven.

Brother has a Bukh single in his Raven.  Hates it.  Gutless and, as ex Elly says, a sensation revelation.

If you decide to go ahead, the F is freshwater cooled so I suspect it can be started and run for a short time without full immersion.  Just needs enough water to stop the salt water pump impeller from vulcanising itself to the pump housing.  A hose in the water intake can provide that.

I had a single cylinder Yamnar in my R26 and found it next to useless if wind and tide against us in the Tamaki estuary. Would manage a bit over 1 knt.

Had to motor from Kawau to Tuts one Xmas, 12 hours. Kids were not impressed.

You wont get much room back leave it in -the F model is not common and therefore worth more. It will be older than 2007 though.

I sold my 2GM and gearbox sight unseen and had four back up buyers ready if the guy didnt come through (he did and didnt even want to see it running)