Route 66 - Akl To Whangarei - 5th March - whos going ?

Thanks RYC for the Marsden Cove - Lombardini Route 66 results.

Share Delight report.

Like the other boats we also had our challenges getting out of the harbour and into the late afternoon westerly breeze. We don’t have the many choices for reaching sail selections like other boats so Kite on for most of the race apart for a short period passing Cape Rodney (nothing changes) and then carried it till 5 miles from the Fairway Buoy. Great sailing in 20 to 25 knots with the crew working hard with the kite trimming to keep the boat on her feet. Finished at 1237hrs just before the tide turned. Congratulations to Neil on Shrek’s House 1st (looks like you had many sail changes) and especially to Quarter Pint 2nd having to finish into the strong ebbing tide. We were pleased with our 3rd on a reaching course.

Thanks to Marsden Cove for the marina berths as it was a great dockside party with the other competitors. For Onerahi Yacht Club members for organising the prizegiving and the yachties breakfast. Just what one needs after a few rums!!!!!!!!

See you next year

The protest was about a boat using an engine and getting outside assistance at the start to get off the mud or something like that. So is Bare Essentials going to regurgitate their magnum of rum and give it to free radical?

The protest was about a boat using an engine and getting outside assistance at the start to get off the mud or something like that. So is Bare Essentials going to regurgitate their magnum of rum and give it to free radical?

A bit of "What has be drunk cannot be redrunk" ???

(sorry - couldn't stop myself) :P

depends how desperate you are and if you are sick or not. my cousin was sick in his yardie and he finished it. that beer was drunk twice. 2nd round may have had extras.

but i ask a sh*t stirring question and get this. I give up

Archived