Pub Quiz

MartinRF

I know you are busy sailing but in case there is no wind...

What is this:

imgp1316.jpg

imgp1317.jpg

(There are no points for "Sunday afternoon in Scandinavia in late November" or "a black trimaran"...)

/Martin

SJB - TietoEnator has a square stern on the main hull so I don't think so unless it has work done and more than a little Botox.

Also TietoEnator has swept fore and aft beams where these look pretty square to the main hull.

So, time to tell you what the mystery trimaran is.

She was built for the 1988 single-handed transatlantic race as "Spirit of Apricot" for Tony Bullimore. She was designed by Martyn Smith and Barry Noble.

The photos were shot in the harbor of Waxholm just east of Stockholm.

/Martin

So, time to tell you what the mystery trimaran is.

She was built for the 1988 single-handed transatlantic race as "Spirit of Apricot" for Tony Bullimore. She was designed by Martyn Smith and Barry Noble.

The photos were shot in the harbor of Waxholm just east of Stockholm.

/Martin

Well that's not a fair quiz. If you are going to have these sorts of competitions then it has to be a question that can be answered.

It's just not possible to recognise a Bullimore boat when the photo is showing it up the wrong way.

Thanks Martin, nice to know that Spirit of Apricot is alive and well, probably one of the first of the ORMA 60's and in my opinion one of the nicest looking.

hejar mate

another pub Quiz... what the hell is this thing seen on Saturday in a deserted Panmure carpark? :wink:

it looks huge!... you gotta ask the question do you really need that bit in the middle??

Archived