Panmure 33rd two handed weekend

Quarterback

11 yachts have registered for this weekend's 6 olympic courses off Mutokerea Beacon for the quarter tonners

1st race 1030 start

Do not forget the reunion afternoon This Sat 5th all welcome at PYBC. starts at 6pm but clubhouse open from 4pm cash bar and dining room ex crew, ex owners, or just interested in 1/4 ton

Two handed Three legged race next Friday 11th beach party on Sat at north cove

entires close on Tuesday 8th

If you do the Nationals, you will miss out on a great weekend,the gathering on Sat nite at North cove is excellent. ask KM :D

i know, i'm the one with KM

Sorry guys but you'll have to catch your own this time, its a bugger, really enjoy this weekend and had the fishing lines ready. Maybe next year the R boats can be a bit more organised and pick a weekend outside of March

im jumping ship and doing it on mumbo jumbo. basically pahi had 2 boats representing them in the quarter ton regatta. since quarter pint will be naff on the points now and neither of us could find crew, logic kicked in. 2 bowmen, 2 handed, and with a great deal of luck not too pissed.

Looking like this weekend could be a tad light, which isn't such a bad thing other than the fact that you will be out there longer, which means you need to take more refreshments, which in turn makes the boat heavier, and therefore slower, which means even longer on the water, which infers you will need to take even more, repeat ad nauseum...

A curse which has afflicted the sailing community for centuries I imagine :wtf:

Otto, if you aren't coming and KM isn't coming then who is providing the fresh fish?

:) :) I'm sure someone has a line and could lend a hand.

And 930's it is your duty to give grief to the Div 1 boats. We've done so over the last year or 2 so please keep it up.

To the fleet, dare I mention, don't park downwind of the Big T, he may just have gone anchor shopping again and we know how that turned out last year. Mind you I think he does now know what the word 'scope' may mean and just how handy it can be if you want your boat to stay in the place you left it :twisted: :twisted: :lol:

Have fun all. I'd like to say we'll be thinking of you but as my crew for next weekend are 90% pure drunks, it may knot happen :?

As my kiwi caravan is in the shop I've entered the production caravan.

But is Panmure always this organised

will there be sailing instructions

were and what time do we start

anything else we need to know ?

Thanks to Manson I now have a new Manson supreme anchor courtesy of their support of the Lombardini Route 66 race last weekend.

The "Cats Whiskers" Bruce (Chinese copy) anchor I used last year has not been used since then. So Transformer will be well anchored this year with new anchor, good chain and the winch Knot Me supplied me with.

The Bruce style anchor seemed to initially dig in well but had a habit of randomly letting go and skidding over the bottom, despite 25 metres of 8 ml chain.

Not to keen on the light weather prediction - takes a bit to get the fat bottomed girl going.

But we will be there!

will there be sailing instructions

were and what time do we start

anything else we need to know ?

Panmure's Two Handed 3 legged race is on 11th - 13th March 2011

Leg 1 is from Tamaki River (Barbers pole/Karaka Light) to North harbour/Chamberlains Bay, Ponui Island - start is on Fri 11th at 1900hrs.

Leg 2 on Sat 12th to Kawau (North Cove) evening BBQ and Beach Party.

Leg 3 Sun 13th Return to Tamaki River entrance.

Briefing and Sailing Instructions on Thursday evening - 7pm at PYBC

Sailing Instructions will be uploaded to this thread later today.

Quarter ton 2nd weekend to in conjuction with the 2 handed 3 legged series all boats including 1/4 tonners. 2 handed Briefing Thursday evening 1900 hrs at PYBC

Note Dinghy or Life raft equipment -Cat 4 plus rails and stanchions.

Full PYBC hand books available at Panmure or at the briefing

see the attached course sheet or download from club website

Sailing 2 handed course.jpg

Friday's race all yachts in by 10ish

Sat started well allthough the tide in Ruthes passage was going in and out with the surge from the Tsunami, was we started the boats made good time past Shag rock under spin. then past Gannet, but the day got longer from there making Kawau by night fall

Friday leg 1 results att. subject to protest re sail numbers on extra sails

2 handed  Fri 11th March.jpg

Archived