BMW REGATTA

Thanks Squid.

A bit different from yesterdays theme.

I see First by Farr is just holding on to it's IRC lead :) But looks to have pulled finger in the rest with 2 x 1st.

That slippery G Chicken had a goodie to kick off the day. No PHRF result for them, I wonder what that's about?

And see Mr Wolf only 2min behind Taeping on line. I bet he'll be happy with that.

Y88's are using Line to decide the winner as in previous years - being a class & all that !

Last years winner Roger Pagani was from the 88's & went on to win the whole thing which says a lot for the quality of racing in the class, not to mention Roger & his teams fine work.

BTW this event is also the Y88 Auckland Champs, famous Kava Bowl trophy.

When you think about it that should come as no surprise - good one design is always goin gto be better than a mixed fleet.

Why aren't the Stewarts in thwe BMW? Our other one design fleet.

stewarts arent sailing cos its bloody hard enough doing 3 windward lewards every 2nd monday. the old salts of the fleet need time to recover....and they have hyundai plastered on the main of every boat. maybe a conflict of interest sort of thing happening.

regarding the Stewarts. Why would we want to go all the way to eastern beach to do 9 wl's over 3 days when on Monday nights we can do more than 20 wl's sprints after work and back in the marina for a rum. on balance sprints are a better test of crew work, starts, much closer racing and 20 minutes your into another race - 2 hours for 3 races v a whole day for 3 races, add to that 15 - 20 boats 8 crew each required, some of whom are sailing on other boats doing this regatta- just too hard

hang on ... the 88's have the North Sails Thursday Sprints too, like the S34's mondays. We consider our 8 entries a bit light for this event. There is however good support across more than one area, with about half the BMW fleet being based at Bucks, while the S34's are probably strong at Westhaven only.

First thing I did this morning was go to the event website to see who is going to be racing MRX's. Couldn't find out. Lots of results though, lots of divisions.

Archived