Puddle duck racers

yup I see it now, wasn't there when I first checked and so i followed links to the TX200. Tx200 sounds fantastic and that's what I was thinking when I asked where would we have something like that.

Starting a fleet of PD racers over here would face a few challenges. It has crossed my mind on more than one occasion though.

Two biggest hurdles are:

Firstly almost anything that floats, baring models and bits of drift wood (i'm not sure about kayaks) has to be registered and inspected. The pedalos that you hire for the lakes are all registered. Sh¨t I think even the kids flutter boards are registered (the ducks and swans are probably registered also.)

Secondly, a fleet of PD racers doesn't easily fit within the Swiss sense of proprietary. It just isn't "right". One has to be a highly qualified naval architect to design a boat or build a boat, or a floating box. It's just not possible! Why, one should (must?) complete a 2 day course and get a certificate to use their inline skates...

This is kind of why I've gone for building a skiff. Hopefully I'll get a few other people interested as I go, and encourage them to have a go also. There are already quite a few avid followers who have shown more than just a fleeting interest.

The funniest thing is that most people are completely stunned to find that we're actually building it ourselves. On Saturday one of the neighbours popped over for a chat and couldn't believe it. He was even completely stunned when he saw that we'd made the saw horses ourselves!! Like i've said before. People don't DO stuff here anymore, they just buy it. If it's not able to be bought then it isn't "real" or "correct."

Innovation is dead.

Long live mediocracy - next step idiocracy.

Hopefully I can introduce a whole heap of people to the idea of sailing without having to spend gazillions. All the same, I'm basing my effort in Zug which is pretty much the richest region of Switzerland.

Guest Saturday Night Special

Designed and built this for the young fella comes out of 3 and a half sheets of plywood costs bugger all and is built over 2 permanent frames and a transom same idea as above to get kids on the water for bugger all should be able to be built for about $1200

post-2703-141887157184_thumb.jpg

Archived